Sr. Technical Program Manager, Infrastructure
San Francisco, CA, USA
At Slack, we are making work simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. Millions of users rely on us every single day to get their work done, and we take this responsibility seriously. We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager for our Infrastructure Group.
Slack is looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to join our Infrastructure Group. As Slack’s data grows, the Infrastructure Engineering Group aims to provide the best blend of the tools and technologies that will strengthen the efficiency and dependability and scalability of our compute platforms and services. As a TPM, you understand the benefits of moving quickly and can champion methodologies within your team and across the organization. You will play a meaningful role in scaling our Cloud Platform, Site Reliability and Messaging Infrastructure as well as making our user experience interacting with our services more efficient, pleasant and productive.You make decisions that are fair and consistent, with an eye toward velocity, stability, and scale. You thrive when given the chance to create programs and have a customer-centric mindset.
This role will have an unparalleled opportunity to influence the trajectory of development within Slack Engineering. This role is based in San Francisco.
What you will be doing
- Working cross functionally across the Infrastructure Group, you will align, unblock and enable Reliability and Core Infrastructure to deliver high impact cross-functional programs at Slack.
- Create frameworks to identify and drive technical and process improvement opportunities
- Work with engineering partners to continuously improve our service deployment/orchestration platform and drive the program and process for Disaster Readiness.
- Measure, monitor, and communicate metrics internally
- Communicate status and schedules, manage risks, help reports evaluate trade-offs, and call out impediments
What you should have
- You have a strong knowledge of Cloud based Infrastructure and service deployment platforms
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers, scope technical projects, and identify technical risks
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience leading activities across large organizations
- Understanding of Site Reliability and Disaster Readiness processes.
- Proficient in Git, Github, AWS Infrastructure, Grafana, and real time monitoring software
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or two years of equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.