Software Engineer, Infrastructure
New York, NY
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the Role:
As an Oscar Engineer, you’ll join a tight knit, passionate team, designing and building Oscar's next generation of feature rich scalable infrastructure for building, testing and monitoring systems and services. You’ll mentor engineers to help them design for stability, performance, and scalability across services or clients.
We take pride in our small teams (engineers <= 5), our efforts (deploys > 100/day), and our ambition (deployment frequency == everyday).
You will report into our Engineering leader in our New York City office.
What we’re doing:
The following is a list of projects our teams are currently working on:
- APM: Implement a holistic solution for application performance monitoring across the Oscar technology stack, ensuring engineering teams have the metrics they need to anticipate and catch issues
- CD: Help drive new technology and procedures which enable Oscar to grow from continuous integration to continuously delivering software to our customers
- Next Gen Build Tooling: Upgrade and enhance build tooling to level up our engineer’s abilities to build world class software at a high velocity without sacrificing reliability
- Become an expert on your team's business and technical domains.
- Assist with the planning, execution and release of complex technical projects.
- Work with partners, product managers, and designers to solve challenging problems.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team to improve technology and apply best practices.
- Implement step-wise technical migrations of our existing services and applications.
- You care about what you do.
- You care about what we do.
- You are a self starter- you like being self led
- You’re willing and able to learn quickly, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isn’t!
- You pride yourself on building high-performance, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed software systems.
- You have at least 4+ years of professional work experience.
Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.