Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Reports to: Senior DevOps Engineer
FLSA: Salaried, Exempt, full-time
About Digital Trends:
Digital Trends is an online tech and lifestyle magazine covering everything electronic -- from the latest Apple iPad
developments to innovations in the world of hybrid-electric vehicles. Our content spans news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, hands-on videos, and more. We are among the top 10 most visited technology sites.
It’s no secret that Digital Trends is obsessed with technology. We don’t just write about cool tech, we also create it. It takes a great product to deliver great content and it takes exceptional people to build tech that drives innovation. As DevOps Engineer you will build and maintain cloud infrastructure for highly available, high traffic websites and platforms. You will support all internal engineering efforts including maintaining CI/CD pipelines, server provisioning, monitoring, disaster recovery, virtualization and cluster management. The DevOps engineer will ensure systems are secure, scalable, and highly available. Must be passionate about testing prior to production releases.
Job Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain business critical hardware/cloud platform infrastructure
- Maintain continuous integration/deployment pipeline
- Real-time monitoring and incident response
- Cloud service integrations
- Technical documentation
- Resource provisioning tools (Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Operating System administration (Linux/Unix)
- Network administration
- HTTP/CGI application administration
- Amazon Web Services
- SQL Database administration
- NoSQL Database administration (Redis, Mongo)
- Cache servers (Memcached, Varnish)
- DNS administration
- CDN administration
- Monitoring systems such as new relic
- High Availability/Distributed systems
- Network/Systems security
- Identity Management systems
- Server monitoring/Realtime metrics
- Workflow Automation/Scripting
- Revision Control
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- College degree in IT, Development, or a related field. Applicable work experience may be substituted in lieu of this.
- AWS Certification
What’s In It For You:
- Exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, pretax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Fun working environment! Our perks include: free beer and wine on tap, free espresso, free drinks and snacks, big-screen TVs, kitchen and much more!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.