Test Automation Engineer
Praha, Praha 4, CZ
As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM’ers and our clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Test Automation Engineer to design and implement automation tests. Test Automation Engineers' duties include designing, implementing automation scripts and finding solutions for automation problems. You should also be committed to developing skills in order to provide up-to-date solutions.
• Writing and maintaining automation test scripts
• Collaborate to define the test scope
• Test analysis and test design for automation
• Test execution and results analysis
• Defect reporting and management
• Collaboration with developers, business analysts and business and IT experts
• Flexible working hours according to agreement and possibility to work from home; suitable for graduates and students
• Work with cutting edge cloud technologies in agile team mixed with senior, experienced peers
• Access to education leading to various certifications (AWS, IBM portfolio, Microsoft Azure, GCP and others)
• Computer for personal use (Lenovo or Apple)
• 5 weeks holidays
• Health Care Provider on top of state health care
• Flexi Pass vouchers
• Extended sick pay
• IBM Stock Purchase Plan
• Special Discount Offerings & Services from external companies and providers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Experience in testing at least 3 years
· English and Czech at least intermediate level
· Knowledge and practical experience with testing processes, with using different methods of test analysis and test design
· Experience with at least one tool for test automation
· Practical experience with at least one scripting language
· Knowledge of web services (SOAP / REST) and testing tools
· Understanding of SQL on the level of writing queries
· Orderliness, analytical thinking and detail orientation
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
· Knowledge of GIT, Jenkins, Docker
· Knowledge of Object Orientated Design practices
· Experience with Agile development methodologies
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.