Senior Devops Engineer
United States, UK, Ireland, France, Hong Kong, Remote
ConsenSys is the leading blockchain software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and decentralized finance activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.
This role is part of ConsenSys Professional Services.
At ConsenSys Professional Services, we work with the world’s leading Fortune 500 corporations and governments to design, develop and deploy blockchain platforms that create real business value. Our customers and partners include many of the largest global banks, Microsoft, the European Commission, komgo and Covantis. We work as an agile, globally integrated team of approximately 150 engineers, designers, consultants, architects, scrum masters and program managers.
If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us. To explore our products and solutions, visit consensys.net !
As a Devops Engineer at ConsenSys you will join a world class technical team, with State of the Art expertise in developing & delivering advanced decentralized applications (Ðapps). Your role will be to define and manage all aspects of the development and production infrastructure, as part of agile scrum teams working on Enterprise client projects.
You will :
- Build and run production infrastructure
- Implement and support CI/CD pipelines
- Setup monitoring and tracking tools to support developer teams
On a daily basis you will be part of an agile, often multinational scrum team delivering high standard production software for the account of the largest Enterprise clients.
You will lead a community of devops engineers in a project / business unit, defining the vision, enforcing best practice and training/coaching your team. You will also take part in the implementation of reusable product components and libraries that will be deployed by other ConsenSys teams around the world.
- 7+ years experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps role on Linux/Unix Systems
- Experience with microservices architecture orchestrated with Kubernetes
- Experience with Kubernetes & docker
- Expertise with configuring and running a CI/CD platform such as Jenkins, GitLab-CI or Travis
- Expertise with a cloud environments such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Ability to lead a team of devops, define a vision and actionate it
- Experience with scaling secure infrastructures with no Single Point of Failure
- Experience with infrastructure automation such as Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation, ARM
- Understanding of the Twelve Factors & GitOps
- You should have experience working in an agile software development environment.
Bonus points for
- Understanding of blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- Experience in deploying blockchain infrastructures
- Experience with Kafka
Other skills to demonstrate
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, communication and organization
- Willingness to constantly learn & improve, challenging yourself to stay at the top of your game
Location and work environment
At ConsenSys Professional Services, we do our best to allow team members to work remotely, however this is not always possible when working on Enterprise client projects. We strive to take into account the personal circumstances of our team members, and in return we ask for your understanding and flexibility.
We have physical offices in New York, Dublin, London, Paris and Hong Kong. Some of our team members work from home in other countries and cities.
Occasional travel will be required for client meetings, and some projects may require being at the client’s location. On average this happens 20% of the time, but this can vary between 0% and 100% depending on the project and period.
To be employed in a country, you need to have an existing employment visa in that country and speak the local language fluently.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Continuous learning and improvement. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.