Staff Software Engineer, Core Infrastructure
Redwood City, CA
Poshmark is looking for a talented engineer who is excited about the challenge of building and scaling systems as we rapidly iterate on our product. You will be a member of the Core Infrastructure team that builds the back end of the Poshmark Cloud Platform, an infrastructure that spans thousands of machines on AWS.
While familiarity with our stack is a plus, we care more about hiring people who can learn new technologies and adapt quickly.
- Build scalable, service-oriented infrastructure on AWS using the latest open source tools and technologies
- Design and improve architecture in order to ensure horizontal scalability at all layers
- Implement APIs and services for use by other developers
- Resolve issues related to performance at all tiers of the application
- Develop best practices and tools to enable robust delivery of features
- Able to drive small/medium complexity projects on your own
- Regularly provide meaningful design feedback and code review to peers
- Identify architectural gaps and propose solutions
12+ Month Accomplishments
- Able to find technical solutions to large complexity problems with minimal supervision
- Can work independently as well as lead small teams to execute on large complexity projects
- You've rolled out a high impact project to production
- You have worked on and/or understand distributed systems and large scale engineering challenges
- You are familiar with either SQL or NoSQL databases and know how to scale them
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Understanding of multithreading, concurrency, and parallel processing technologies
- Familiarity with frameworks for caching, queuing, RPC, and distributed data storage
- You have experience debugging complex problems across an entire stack
- Experience with any of: JRuby, Ruby, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, AMQP, Java, and *nix environments
Poshmark is a leading social commerce platform for the next generation of retailers and shoppers. Through technology, our mission is to build the world’s most connected shopping experience, while empowering people to build thriving retail businesses. Since launching in 2011, Poshmark has become a vibrant social shopping community with seven million Seller Stylists helping 60 million users discover items they love from over 100 million listings. The company is backed by the world’s leading investment firms including Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Temasek, Inventus Capital, Uncork Capital, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, or find us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.