Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who You Are....
You bring a curiosity and passion for identifying, innovating and developing new technologies. You possess a solid technical foundation paired with a willingness to wear several hats. Your core focus is to deliver high-quality, integrated solutions to the business through sustainable commitment to bring constant improvement and team collaboration.
Who You'll Work With...
You will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and independent team of engineers and other functions such as Architecture, QA, Product Management and Delivery to design and develop advanced capabilities. We come to work thrilled knowing it will never be the same day twice. This variety enables us to be innovative convergent thinkers who juggle competing requirements with agility. In this role, you'll employ your engineering expertise and DevOps best practices to...
- Take ownership and manage projects that vary in size and scope depending on requirements for teams enabling Continuous Integration and automation of service integration, delivery, and deployments.
- Design and develop industry impacting services using open source and commercial technologies at scale
- Manage and allocate tools, accelerators, frameworks, templates and other asset related to engineering productivity and quality that enable service delivery.
- Build & Set up test automation and pipeline frameworks in OpenShift and/or Kubernetes environments
- Administer automated CI/CD systems and tools for development and test teams.
- Foster an environment that enables teams to do things correctly, quickly, consistently and with less effort and learning. We come to work thrilled knowing it will never be the same day twice.
This variety enables us to be innovative convergent thinkers who juggle competing requirements with agility. Todays operating environment demands a stack thats responsive to the innovative enterprise one that can leverage all data types & access the latest technologies. Data is being generated and consumed by businesses at astronomical rates. The ability for businesses to turn their data into understandable insights is key to making better decisions, faster. And, were hiring....JOIN US. Keywords... #devops #agile #Docker #universalbaseimages #Kubernetes #Opensource #container #Git #sourcecode #cicd @caffeinate_adam #Python #Helm #openshift @IBMIoT #automationserver #chef #configurationmanagement #virtualization @IBMCloud #SDLC #edgecomputing #XaaS #SCRUM @IBMintegration #UBI #dataplatform #IBMToday #CICD #SaaS #IoT #Jenkins
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- In addition to your strong verbal and written communication skills, you'll posses 2+ years'....
- Experience running RHEL infrastructure
- Experience working with Ansible
- Experience with Message Queues (Kafka preferred)
- Experience with PostgreSQL Databases
- Experience with Redis Caching
- Experience with Docker deployments (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Openshift)
- Experience with a version control system (GIT preferred)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in web application development using a modern web frameworks
- Experience with Python/Django
- Experience with RESTful API design, ORM concepts, Django Migrations, software testing
- Experience writing automated tests or using automated test frameworks
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible CD Chef CI Django Docker Git Kafka Kubernetes Open source PostgreSQL Python Redis Virtualization Web application