Automation Engineer (Remote - GMT +-1/2)
Remote - Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland
Who we are
Glofox is on a mission to revolutionize the fitness industry. We are growing in size every year, and along with our ever-growing client base that spans 60 distinct countries, our team is dedicated to powering the fitness industry.
We're a hard-working, fun-loving, get-things-done type of team that are building a platform that saves time, increases retention and ultimately, helps studio and gym owners build successful businesses.
At Glofox, we love entrepreneurs because we are entrepreneurs. We know how much determination it takes to start your own business and grow it into something that lasts. We roll our sleeves up, we act fast, and we learn together. We're looking for people that will do the same.
What we need
As an Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for working with our different teams to identify their greatest internal pain points. You will then work with them to address these challenges in a scalable way through improved insights and automation.
Projects often start with a question like “how can we onboard more customers more quickly?”. Your role is to work with Glofox internal teams to develop a solution, from high-level design and prototyping to data integration and implementation. You will use software engineering skills in a business context to drive meaningful impact by looking at problems through an operational lens.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to grow with Glofox and enjoys a fast-paced, fun environment working with a team who are proud to be making a positive impact on the fitness industry!
This is a remote role.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work with internal Glofox teams to identify their key pain points
- Working with these teams, rapidly design, test & iterate possible solutions including:
- Improving insights into team and company performance, by developing and maintaining critical dashboards and KPIs
- Setting up automations to help remove repetitive manual tasks
- Assess new tooling that could be used to improve existing processes
- Managing the internal operational data infrastructure, including integrations between our sales, marketing, finance and customer support systems
- Refine & scale your solutions:
- Integrate any solution into the existing Glofox operational stack
- Build internal documentation on how to build these workflows and empower everyone within the teams with technical expertise
- Work with our Engineering team to ensure compliance with our existing Engineering standards, ways of working and infrastructure
As with any early-stage business, you will get exposure to lots of different areas of the business and experience working with our amazingly talented remote team.
What you need:
- BA/BS in information systems or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ combined years of work experience between technical, IT, and/or systems administration
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Proactive and inventive in developing workaround solutions for different internal teams. This role requires constant communication and collaboration with non-technical audiences
- Proactive about starting up and carrying out projects to gain efficiencies independently. Ability to deliver on complex situations without guidance or supervision
- Proficiency with SQL and coding in languages such as Python
- Proficiency working with webhooks, APIs, end-points, understanding database concepts
- Knowledge of data visualization and business intelligence engines a plus
We’d be really impressed if…
- Experience using tools in our existing operational stack a plus, including Salesforce, Stitch, Zapier, Amazon Redshift & Looker
- The chance to work at a fast-growth venture-backed startup in an exciting industry
- The opportunity to feel true purpose in your efforts by powering fitness entrepreneurs, making them successful and enabling them to improve the health of people on a global stage
- An entrepreneurial working environment. If you can make a case for a project that fits with our vision, you’ll likely be able to execute it
- The support you need to level up your skills - conferences, books, screencasts