Storage DevOps Automation Engineer
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are:
We are looking for strong Software Automation Engineers who creatively thinks and breaks the code to provide better experience to our customers. As a Test Engineer, you are not limited to manual testing, you should develop test scripts and tools to verify the quality of code before the code reaches production.
What you’ll do:
You’ll perform both automated and manual tests of our File, Block, Backup Classic and VPC for Block Storage Offerings. You will have the following responsibilities
- Write infrastructure automation plans and test cases for features
- Design and develop dev-ops automation and run against classic and VPC storage offerings. Must be able to run continually or as needed.
- Build sufficient expertise in the IBM Cloud control plane (IMS) to enable proactive test automation coverage
- Must be able to provide thorough and timely test execution for storage deliverables
How we’ll help you grow:
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the expert you want to be.
- You’ll learn directly from Senior members/leaders in this field.
- You'll have the opportunity to work with multiple clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6 - 12 yrs of total experience
- Must have good experience in Infrastructure Operations automation and IT Service Management with hands on exposure in data center administration, configuration, Incident management and support
- Create test plans and automation for the data center administration/configuration.
- Expertise in Ansible, core Python development, and deployments in production environment is a must.
- Hands on expertise to Linux administration and scripting
- A solid understanding of Cloud infrastructure/operations is a must
- Good knowledge of Linux OS, Redhat, Centos, Ubuntu
- Understanding of ITIL processes and best practice
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- PHP and perl development experience
- IBM Cloud API knowledge
- Behavior Driven Development
- Experience with version control systems like Git
- Experience with Automation tools such as Ansible and Bash
- Linux System administration and/or engineering experience
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience in Monitoring applications such as Grafana, ELK stack, Prometheus, Nagios, and Sysdig
About Business Unit
IBM Cloud Computing is a one-stop shop which provides all the cloud solutions & cloud tools the industries need. IBM Cloud portfolio includes infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) offered through public, private and hybrid cloud delivery models, in addition to the components that make up those clouds.
IBM Cloud ensures seamless integration into public and private cloud environments. The infrastructure is secure, scalable, and flexible, providing customized enterprise solutions that have made IBM Cloud the Hybrid Cloud Market leader with our market leading IAAS and PAAS Platforms. The IBM Cloud platform is the public cloud offering from IBM providing services to global enterprises. IBM Cloud is the Cloud for Smarter Business, built on Open Technology with Developer Tools and supports solutions by Industry. We run the services and workloads from Watson, Blockchain, Services, Security, and IoT.
Ready to help drive IBM's success in the Cloud market? This is your chance to research and learn new Cloud related technology products and services, as well as to design and implement quick Cloud based prototypes while advancing your career in leading edge technology.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible Bash CentOS ELK Git Grafana Linux Perl PHP Prometheus Python RedHat Ubuntu