Software Engineer, Backend Infrastructure, Foundation - Access and Attribution
Stripe is building economic infrastructure for the internet. As a part of the Access and Attribution team you will be building the internal infrastructure that provides the core interfaces between Stripe’s teams and the services we use to power our business. You will also be responsible for the identification and attribution of service costs to teams and help bridge efficiency, costs and productivity with the services that you build.
Together, we will build reliable, resilient and high demand into Stripe’s foundations, with the steady support of our leadership team and peers. You’ll be working with a variety of teams, some engineering and some business, to provide infrastructure and guidance to solve their access needs. Your work will allow teams to move faster, more securely and ultimately help Stripe serve our customers more effectively.
- Design, build, and maintain the infrastructure used by all of Stripe’s engineering teams.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Plan for the growth of Stripe’s infrastructure.
- Build a great customer experience for people using your infrastructure.
- Support critical systems required to operate Stripe.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Think about systems — their edge cases, failure modes, and lifecycles.
- Comfortable building and supporting Tier 0 infrastructure.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production.
- A metrics driven approach and can make informed decisions using data.
- Able to write high quality code in a programming language (e.g. Ruby, Scala, Java, Go).
- Make impactful decisions about systems and security — their edge cases, failure modes, and life cycles
Some things you might work on:
We have a load of work to do and we’re just getting started, this is why we need you. Some of the projects which we are working on include.
- Build out a company wide access control layer and management system that you can control, secure and audit access to our most important services by Stripe teams.
- Provide audit and dashboards to monitor team’s project service costs, providing suggestions to optimise and reduce waste.
- Proactively identify access patterns across teams, define the standardisation requirements and build the mechanisms to enforce those standards.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling in excess of 100M API requests per day to enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).