Infrastructure Specialist- Network
Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an IT Specialist, you will demonstrate expertise in managing and operation of IT Networking (LAN, WAN, Wireless, Security, SDN, SDWAN) and Cloud Services (AWS and Azure). You will need to manage existing infrastructure, plan, develop, deliver, and support properly engineered IT services and products. Your responsibilities include preparation for new or changed services, management of the change process, and maintenance of regulatory, legal, and professional standards, management of performance of systems and services in relation to their contribution to business performance, and management of bought-in services including, for example, public network, virtual private network, and outsourced services. Typical examples of the deliverables are service-level reporting, risk, and contingency planning.
- Work closely with level 1/2 support team and customers to understand the issues, do detailed troubleshooting and suggest workaround to get the customer up and running.
- Investigate failures, working with the Customer and different team to come up with solution.
- Build, Design and Implement new customer network infrastructure.
- Product implementation and Support and supporting clients DR tests as needed.
- Do customizations of Network and Cloud products to meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for interfacing with the customer and partners on implementation projects to ensure site readiness before implementation.
- Ensure Service SLA's are met and ensure process compliance
- Work with the internal/external teams on need basis to schedule meetings, activities, and to resolve issues faced.
- Need to be willing to work in rotational shift.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 7+ years of experience
- Hands on in Network technologies (Routing, Switching, SDN, SD WAN).
- Working knowledge on private and public Cloud (Amazon, Google Cloud, Azure)
- In-depth understanding of Software Defined Network concepts (VMware NSX preferred) and SD WAN Experience.
- Should have extensive working experience on DC product lines like Cisco Nexus, V-BLOCK etc.
- Well versed with conceptual knowledge on routing and switching protocols and design principles.
- Ability to design and architect data center network setups in multi-product environment.
- Solid understanding of network infrastructure and ability to lead and drive initiatives.
- Proficient to have the ability to investigate complex network issues in a multi-product environment.
- Proven communication skills and flexible with work hours.
- Certification – Cloud/CCNA /CCNP/CCDP/CCIE will be preferred.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Actual understanding of the IT business environment and driving business outcomes
- Extensive experience on F5 product line (GTM, LTM). F5 certification will be added advantage.
- Validated knowledge of other ITIL processes such as Incident, Problem, Request & Catalogue and Service level Management.
- Proficient in working with high availability environment along with alignment to process
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AWS Azure High availability VMware