Implementation Technical Project Lead - Infrastructure
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Construction and Installation (C&I) department is responsible for delivering the physical elements of all Ocado Group projects globally, with the Implementation Infrastructure team taking specific accountability for building and delivering the products and infrastructure designed by Ocado Technology.
We are now looking for an Implementation Infrastructure Technical lead to join who will lead the management and functionality of multiple Implementation matrix team tasked with the deployment of IT infrastructure projects across Ocado's facilities. Your main priorities as Technical Lead will be to motivate your team and handle resources to ensure the timely delivery of projects whilst also providing excellent customer service.
What You Will Do:
- Leading employees and coordinating work to ensure day to day priorities and business requirements are met.
- Acting as a point of contact for project teams throughout deployments
- Interact directly with Client Business and Technology Teams on international projects
- Front line issue identification and issue reporting, tracking and prioritising issues and identifying solutions where appropriate
- Utilise previous experience to challenge and improve existing practices and processes
- Liaising with external contractors and carrying out remediation with externally supplied equipment/systems where issues are discovered.
- Oversee and lead the release of new infrastructure
- Carry out on-site testing when required and write any required plans and support documentation
- Maintaining team morale, motivation and ensuring a good work ethic; leading by example.
- Participate in interviews and selection of team members within the wider Implementation Team.
- Prepare/submit weekly progress reports to show the Implementation Manager how the team is performing
- Provide mentorship and objectives for your team and monitor these objectives.
- Supporting the management of multiple projects concurrently
- The role will require foreign and domestic travel to visit sites and may require work in the evenings and weekends during implementation periods.
We're Looking For People With:
- A degree in computing, science or similar numerate subject is desirable however if you have strong tech industry experience this could also be considered
- Proven track record of leading technical teams.
- A deep understanding of networking [wired and wireless], Unix and Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience of deploying infrastructure from the ground up, ideally gained in warehouse or data centre deployments.
- Project planning and management/delivery of complex projects to timescales, including experience of Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- A focus on providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels in the organisation.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a variety of personalities and styles
- Experience of working in a dynamic, fast-paced, commercial environment or organisation
- Experience of working internationally is advantageous.
- Excellent self-discipline and personal accountability
- A Clean UK Driving Licence
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…