IT Engineer, Infrastructure Systems
Asana is seeking an experienced technologist to join our growing team and oversee internal IT Infrastructure systems & networks at our offices globally. Based in our San Francisco office, you will be primarily responsible for the implementation and support of any on prem IT Infrastructure in our offices globally. IT delivers world class service and support for Asanas everywhere. Our goal is to provide systems and technology that enable collaboration, unlock creativity, and help to power our teams across the globe.
You are someone who asks questions, is confident in not knowing everything, and would rather collaborate with others than go it alone. You are crisp and detail oriented, but able to work outside of the boundaries when necessary. On top of your proven history of success, you have a passion for technology and, like us, you value hard work and fun in equal measure.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage all aspects of Asana’s corporate IT infrastructure from design to deployment: Including Network Services, Storage, Virtualization, & IDM/MDF operations.
- Perform day to day support and administration including: installation, configuration, monitoring, documentation, and automation for all IT infrastructure
- Train and mentor users on the IT support team
- Respond to all tactical support escalations
- Provide continuous review of internal IT infrastructure. Propose and implement enhancements that will improve performance, reliability, and scalability as we grow globally
- Provide training to the larger IT Team to help everyone uplevel.
- Support office expansion initiatives and travel as needed to global offices
- Manage relationships with ISPs/Data circuit providers, LV cablers, and Security Systems Integrators
- Perform hardware installation and maintenance, including lifting up to 50lbs to heights of up to 6ft.
- 7+ years of experience with the following
- Configuration, administration, and installation of Operating Systems, Server Hardware, Storage and network infrastructure.
- Hands on experience with Linux and Windows servers
- Virtualization and IaaS/AWS deployments
- Designing and building MDF/IDF infrastructure, including: power, cooling, and monitoring
- Experience with network hardware including but not limited to: Cisco, Meraki, Aruba, Juniper, Palo Alto, and other major Network vendors
- Solid knowledge of networking terms, models, and protocols
- Experience managing relationships with vendors
- Familiarity with common network & systems monitoring tools including: SCOM, MRTG, nagios, Splunk, Cacti, & Syslog.
- Experience with managing key vendor relationships for system and network technologies
- Scripting experience with Python, Perl, Powershell or equivalent
- Familiarity with authentication or access control systems and protocols: AD, LDAP, RADIUS, SAML, Kerberos, & PAM
- Able to work both independently or collaboratively
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Understanding of best security practices
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.