Remote or Austin, TX
Posted 7 months ago
With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 175 remote-first employees around the globe processing hundreds of millions of dollars in sales every month.
We're looking for an DevOps Engineer to join the Infrastructure team and collaborate on a critical part of the platform. Our Infrastructure team is responsible for the design and support of the product platform, focusing Cloud-native solutions to enable our product and feature teams to keep up with the fast pace of our industry. Facilitated by robust tooling, automation and well maintained documentation.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Design and support the product platform and operational runtime.
- Collaborate with other departments to improve developer and customer experience through Infrastructure or pipeline improvements.
- Implement new technologies to solve ReCharge's technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 5+ years of relevant DevOps experience in fast paced environments
- 4+ years experience with Docker, Ansible, TDD
- 2+ years experience with Metrics and APM, Logging solutions
- 2+ years experience in cloud-native environments such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience with python2/3, flake8/pep8, flask, gunicorn, gevent
- Experience with auto-scaling, serverless infrastructure components
- Experience with MySQL, SQLAlchemy
- Experience with Git/Github, lint
- Familiar with IaC, Terraform
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Willingness to participate in a first line of support on-call rotation
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact at a boot-strapped start-up
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired
- Proficiency with Signalfx or other SaaS monitoring solution