Lead Software Engineer (Golang/ Python/ PHP/ NodeJs + Kubernetes + AWS)
Lead Software Engineer
Acquia is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
- Operating within a team that helps effectively develop, maintain, and support the development of customer-facing products
- Influencing and leading product and engineering teams with fresh ideas, code and communication as a domain expert
- Driving high quality delivery and deployment of new features and systems capable of working with existing systems and processes
- Diagramming and documenting current and future architectural plans sufficiently that necessary stakeholders can understand how new technologies introduced will work
- Working in a DevOps focused team owning and operating the services you create in accordance with defined service level objectives.
- Working in an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set with Product Owners.
The ideal candidate is
- First and foremost a team player committed to a great culture and work-life balance
- Ability to break down complex problems into smaller decisions with defined options and data-driven analysis
- Executes projects effectively and efficiently as a leader on the team
- Uses sound rationale for problem identification and decision-making, and can transfer that knowledge to other engineers
- Works in a collaborative and supportive manner with not only his team but internal stakeholders through clean communication of complex, technical concepts
- Strives to consistently achieve excellence in work delivered not only for themselves, but for their teammates.
- Passionate about creating and maintaining high quality software with test-driven development, continuous refactoring and an eye for simplicity.
- Comfortable under pressure and welcomes new challenges
- Very comfortable in the entire Linux stack, infrastructure as code, and tools for automation
- First hand experience build solutions with Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS services
- 5-10 years hands on software development experience including designing, building, deploying, troubleshooting, and maintaining highly scalable and fault tolerant data pipelines and microservices
- 3+ years of experience with cloud and container-based systems engineering
- 1+ years of experience with Kubernetes desired
- Production experience in different programming languages:
- Solid Linux OS system management
- Ubuntu, RHEL, Amazon Linux, etc.
- Development, management and support of container-based serverless applications, including but not limited to Docker, Lambda, ECS, ECR, S3, RDS, API Gateways, Step Functions, and more.
- Experience with Kubernetes, messaging bus, and microservices architectures
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.