Deployment Senior Network Engineer
North Charleston, South Carolina, United States
The Deployment Senior Network Engineer assists with the design, implementation, monitoring, and support for a Large Global Enterprise Network and Security Infrastructure. The Network Engineer is responsible for traveling to remote locations for the set-up and repair of the network infrastructure.
Qualified candidates should be able to:
- manage small projects
- research a remote site’s existing infrastructure.
- prepare existing/proposed site diagrams in Visio
- work with other teams (firewall/infrastructure support) that assist deployment effort.
- participate and or lead conference calls to customers to discuss the new infrastructure and the implementation requirements.
- configure network hardware and software infrastructure including switches, routers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, and virtual devices in VMware.
- schedule site network outages to allow for installation of new equipment.
- prepare cables and equipment for travel and arrange travel, hotels and vehicle for transportation to the site.
- work with site personnel to ensure all applications and network connectivity is working correctly.
- ensure that all equipment is configured according to industry standards and corporate best practices.
- analyze and resolve faults, ranging from major system crash to a forgotten password.
- work closely with other departments/organizations and collaborate with other IT staff on infrastructure activities.
- assist with the creation, implementation and maintenance of standard operating procedures for equipment installation, configuration support, and division network operations which improve service and repeatability.
- Assist with maintenance and support of division and facility-level network security equipment, including but not limited to: network equipment, VPN concentrators, and firewalls.
Knowledge and Skills:
- CCNP preferred (CCNA also acceptable)
- SSCP/Security+ ce or relevant security experience.
- Expertise with LAN/WAN technologies throughout a global infrastructure
- Expertise with ASR and ISR routers
- Expertise with Cisco 3750/4500-x series switches
- Expertise with Palo Alto and Cisco firewalls
- Preferred experience configuring and troubleshooting GetVPN/LISP and IPSEC VPN tunnels.
- Technical experience in the following technologies:
- Knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, firewalls
- IP Network Design & troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of authentication schemes, security assessment and network management
- Experience designing and deploying network solutions in enterprises environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in large scale enterprise network rollout and support
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent experience plus 5-7 years’ experience in a network engineering or telecommunication environment
- Qualified candidates should be able to travel 50%
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Leave Accrual
- Short Term Disability
- Additional (Voluntary) Life Insurance
- Additional (Voluntary) AD&D Insurance
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Online Training
- AFLAC Supplementary Insurances
Spinvi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Spinvi does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Spinvi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Spinvi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Spinvi expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Spinvi’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.