Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Hub
Seattle, Washington, USA
The AWS Security Hub team is looking for passionate and innovative engineers to join our young AWS security service. We need a strong candidate to help us build new features and functionality with a focus on security and operational excellence.
A successful candidate is one who has experience working with large-scale, real-time systems using streaming analytics and search technologies. This position involves working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment and being passionate not only about building good software but also ensuring that the same software achieves its goals in operational reality. There is no set technology and the team firmly believes in using the right tool for the job.
You don’t need to have a security background to be successful on the AWS Security team. What you need is a desire to work on the bleeding edge, a desire to work on complex computer science problems, and the ability to simplify that complexity for our customers. Most importantly, you must have a strong backbone, be willing to fight for the privacy and protection of our customers, and be able to earn and maintain the trust of your coworkers.
· 3+ years' experience in full-stack software development
· Bachelors' degree or equivalent work experience
Preferred Qualifications· Prior experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems.
· Experience working with serverless architectures, developing complex enterprise-scale systems.
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
· Experience with agile development or similar methodologies for continuous development of product and technology.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us