Platform Engineer (Data) (m/f/x)
You will be joining the Platform Tribe at HelloTech. Platform forms a stable and fresh environment for our talented teams of developers to thrive. As well as building a great foundation, You will also responsible for spreading their knowledge throughout the other tribes, they make sure everyone is taking advantage of the easy to use infrastructure, and applying the best practices when it comes to Continuous Delivery, Containerisation, Performance, Security etc.
What you’ll do
- Delivery solid Infrastructure as a Code by using automation tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Build and maintain container clusters with Kubernetes and data infrastructure on AWS EMR
- Optimize and improve our CI/CD workflow
- Develop, and support tools for infrastructure to be used by other engineers
- Design blueprints and support engineers to implement them
- Mentor engineers regarding tools, concepts and best practices
What you’ll bring
- You have back-end experience using Golang or Python
- You have experience with system administration or infrastructure maintenance
- You have good knowledge of design patterns, system architecture, and best practices
- You have strong experience working with cloud (AWS), Docker and containerisation technologies such as Kubernetes, and Terraform
- You have good knowledge of data concepts such as data lakes, data platforms and how to create and maintain frameworks and automation to leverage those.
- You have understanding of data processing frameworks like Apache Hadoop/Spark, orchestration (Airflow), scalable data processing (AWS EMR) and modern DWH technologies (AWS Redshift/Snowflake)
- You are enthusiastic for open source contribution
- You love to automate things
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on a wide variety of challenging problems. The result is a high output where we constantly build and release features and engines that make our business thrive, allowing us to deliver real financial impact.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.