Senior Cloud Engineer
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Senior Cloud Engineer
Job location: our office in Ottawa, Canada
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our team and you will get the chance to work with various team members to execute on our team’s vision.
As a Senior Engineer, you are responsible for the operability and scaling of the applications and deployments while keeping security and cost in mind. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with Public clouds and other distributed systems that involves deep knowledge of software and system engineering.
What You Will Be Doing
· Manage our Azure, GCP, and AWS cloud accounts running high performance computing clusters.
· Help build and improve Cloud-agnostic Infrastructure templates to support Kinaxis applications.
· Run, scale and optimize (for cost, speed and security) Kubernetes and Spark clusters.
· Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve production system issues. Be part of the on-call rotation.
· Collaborate with teams on experiment and tooling design.
· Conduct software performance analysis and system tuning.
· Work closely with engineering teams to ensure systems are designed and implemented with operability in mind.
What you should have
· >3 years of professional experience in devops/Infrastructure/system engineer roles.
· Strong experience in working with 1 or more public clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure).
· Strong experience with Ansible, Terraform to automate infrastructure.
· Strong experience with container systems and orchestration such as Docker and Kubernetes
· Experience designing, implementing and running production services on POSIX systems.
· Experience writing in one programming language (preferably Python).
· Ability to help define processes to improve team’s and system’s health.
· Ability and willingness to debug problems across all stacks including but not limited to performance problems, memory leaks and network issues.
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org