VMware System Administrator
Carson City, Nevada, United States
CRI Advantage is looking for a System Administrator with strong experience in VMware tools to perform all activities to the agreed upon project plan/schedule. Work must be completed according to the specifications and standards set by the a state government agency.
The customer is undergoing a deployment of new VMware tools with the assistance of VMware consulting. Based on the timing of this hire, the candidate will perform the following
- Work with product vendor to Implement and or support new VMware components
- Work with Windows Server team to build, deploy and support VMware ESX hosts;
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with VMware virtualization layer;
- Manage and optimize VMware environment on a hyper converged platform;
- Work with Server team to establish Disaster Recovery for the VMware environment;
- Update and patch VMware systems and tools to ensure compliance with security and best practices;
- Participate in meetings in support of the NVkids project when topics include systems supported by this position;
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers, Management and Peers.
Consultant must provide the following based upon the agreed upon project plan/schedule.:
- Provide knowledge transfer to client staff whenever possible;
- Provide technical expertise to ensure products are utilized following best practices;
- Ensure all deployments meet security requirements of the Division;
- Collaborate with end users of the systems to ensure performance objectives are meet;
- Document step-by-step guides of the configuration settings for various VMware tools;
- Evaluate current deployments of the VMware tools in use and provide recommendations for upgrades;
- Provide accurate timelines for assigned activities;
Weekly status reports to Include, but not be limited to:
- Overall completion status of the project in terms of approved project plan and schedule;
- Problems that were encountered and proposed/actual resolutions;
- Issues that need to be addressed;
- Accomplishments during the period; and
- Activities to be accomplished during the next reporting period.
This position should be proficient in the following skills related to VMware Virtualization products operating systems.
- Disaster recovery
- Hyperconverged hardware platforms
- Windows 2008 Server
Employee Job Functions
Employee Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job position which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without reasonable accommodation. The information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform these actions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, turning and twisting - Never
- Ability to reach, feel and handle items – Occasionally
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another - Never
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic) - Constantly
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers - Occasionally
- Operating motor vehicles - Never
- Physical Demands – Sedentary work that primarily involve sitting/standing
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces - Never
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time - Constantly
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 25 pounds in all directions - Never
- Communicating with others to exchange information - Constantly
- Operating machinery and/or power tools - Never
- Regular, predictable attendance is required - Constantly
Great things happen when you have the CRI Advantage!
CRI has a family-oriented company culture and is family-owned. Our management team believes employee growth is as equally import to company growth and offers many types of learning opportunities. We work on unique projects including supporting missions involving national security, energy research, law enforcement, transportation, and health and welfare. We are headquartered in Boise, ID with offices in Idaho Falls and DC. Our corporate mission from the very beginning has been to make a positive difference in people’s lives.
CRI Advantage provides flexible benefit packages to fit employee and family needs. Benefits are effective from the first day of employment.
- Medical (PPO and HDHP plans), Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accruals, Paid Holidays, and for some roles – sick leave
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discount Rewards Program
- Free technical and professional training with access to over 8,000 classes
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Wellness Program