Staff Security Infrastructure Engineer
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm values information security as a critical part of the company’s continued success. Our mission is to make information security programmatic and cultural in Affirm, enabling the company to succeed in building honest financial products. The Security team posture increases security and reduces risk while securely enabling access to information for those who need it!
The ideal employee will have extensive experience developing processes, tooling, and infrastructure used for deploying software as part of a larger team. The candidate will quickly come up to speed with current systems and processes, identify and develop improvements, and implement solutions used by experienced software and infrastructure engineers across the organization.
What You'll Do
- Develop and implement processes to ensure systems are regularly patched and hardened.
- Configure and implement cloud security services, including identity and access management, detective controls, infrastructure protection, and data protection.
- Specify, standardize, configure, and validate access controls across a wide range of cloud services.
- Implement security controls across Affirm’s data infrastructure, including S3, DynamoDB, RDS, and Snowflake.
- Build and manage cloud infrastructure as code.
- Decompose large, cross-team projects into individual tasks. Manage scope across teams and drive toward project closure.
What We Look For
- Hands-on experience securing Kubernetes access control and securing Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Extensive experience applying RBAC using IAM across a variety of users and services.
- Experience developing and deploying cloud services using Terraform.
- Understanding of methods and systems used for auditing usage and access to AWS cloud services.
- Experience administering database services and corresponding access using role-based access controls.
- Understanding of continuous integration / continuous deployment processes and tools.
- BS degree in related field or equivalent experience. MS degree in a related field or equivalent experience is a plus.
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.