DevOps Engineer (Remote)
At Signifyd we’re creating a new market. We’re constantly improving and expanding the technology that has changed what fraud protection for ecommerce looks like. So we don’t have time for office politics. We understand that different people have different work styles and we thrive on variety while learning from each other. We’re all Signifyers, so we know that what needs to get done will get done.
Signifyd is a place where no one is going to tell you how to do your job. If you want help, you'll get it — from all quarters. But we pretty much figure out what needs to be done, who's in the best position to do it and then let that person roll-up their sleeves and have at it. We're protecting retailers from online fraud in a way that's never been done before and we could use your help if you're someone:
- Who believes challenges are best overcome by thinking differently.
- Who knows their role, but isn’t confined by it.
- Whose greatest satisfaction comes from helping customers succeed and achieve their dreams.
- Who isn’t afraid to disagree, convincingly, civilly and honestly.
Our system infrastructure is 100% cloud based. We practice infrastructure-as-code. Each development team is responsible to manage their services in the cloud.
- Manage and own shared infrastructure for Engineering including Teamcity, Jaeger, Gradle, and internal tooling.
- Automate new and existing processes/environment to build, test and deploy software and infrastructure.
- Be subject matter expert in container technologies, networking, and build tooling.
- Security compliance tasks for SOC2 and PCI.
- Be a part of the standard developer on call rotation.
- Developer experience is your first priority; you get excited by unlocking other people's ability to produce at high speed.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and helping others.
- You take an engineering first approach to problem solving.
- You understand that iteration is the way to consistently make systems better.
- You know observability into systems is how we can make them reliable.
- You believe that anything can be automated and probably should be.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and can communicate your ideas effectively
- You keep the future in mind when making decisions.
Desired Skills and Experience;
- 3+ years of experience developing high traffic 24/7 SaaS products
- Strong programming skills in Python, Java or any other high level programming languages.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills across the full stack to identify and resolve production issues in a timely manner.
- Good understanding of build systems. (e.g. Gradle, Maven)
- Good understanding of container technology. (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Good background in security, networking, server hardware, and cloud services.
- Knowledge of infrastructure tools such as Cloudformation or Terraform.
- Knowledge of Linux administration, performance monitoring and debugging tools.
- Experience with AWS BS in Computer Science or related technical field.
Our stack: Kuberentes, Java, Python, Cloudformation, Teamcity, Gradle, Linux
You’ll receive a benefits package that is one of the most competitive in Belfast;
- A competitive base salary
- An equally competitive equity package
- Bi-annual performance related bonus (10% performance related)
- Pension matched up to 8%
- ‘Day one’ access to private Healthcare, Dental and Optical insurance scheme for you and your whole family
- 25 days of annual leave (plus 10 stat)
- A LinkedIn Learning account
- Top of the range equipment and lots of Signifyd swag
- Monthly Signifyd social events organised by our social committee
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.