DevOps Engineering Team Lead
Help us catch bad guys with math.
Our team is growing and we’re looking to add a DevOps Engineering Team Lead to our team in Ottawa.
Although there is a lot of uncertainty in the market today, especially considering the COVID-19 crisis, we are set up to accommodate fully remote work, and a fully virtual interview, selection, and onboarding process.
We catch bad guys with math! Interset is a big data, security AI-based solution that is being used by customers to solve some of the most important problems in the world.
The Cloud Operations team is a fast, agile and energetic team of DevOps Engineers that are hyper-focused on using the latest cloud technologies to enable SaaS solutions to run in an automated, reliable, scalable, and predictable manner.
As an experienced engineer who has seen some of this before, you know that it takes more than just installing software into AWS to do this successfully.
You will lead the Cloud Operations team to build, test, and run the necessary infrastructure to automate, deploy, monitor, scale-up/down, backup, and manage the hosted offering in a way that is as automatic and scalable as our core software is!
Your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the Cloud Operations team to organize and prioritize the work using agile-based methodologies.
- Work with the Cloud Operations and Cloud development teams to understand how the platform has been optimized for a cloud deployment.
- Plan, design, evaluate, implement, and test the deployment, monitoring, scaling, and administrative and cloud release pipeline infrastructure for the cloud-hosted deployment of Interest.
- Manage the cloud-hosted environment, respond to infrastructure and application monitoring alerts, resolving incidents to ensure system uptime and expected service levels, and iteratively improve the system.
- Build and document the procedures and policies around cloud systems.
- Manage and maintain internal CI/CD infrastructure while working with DevOps and QualityOps Engineers.
- Ensure the compliance of production deployments in the Cloud from a security standpoint as an Account Administrator.
- Fulfill internal stakeholder requests for defined services and resources related to our software products.
- Leadership and/or people management experience.
- Working experience with source control solutions like git.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience of Jenkins-based CI/CD pipelines.
- Programming E.
- 1+ years of experience with the orchestration of infrastructure and software deployments tools like Terraform, SaltStack, Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- 2+ years of experience with Linux/Unix administration preferably CentOS 7.
- 2+ years of experience with java/python, and bash/shell scripting.
- 3+ years of experience with building and running cloud-based SaaS solutions in AWS.
- Proficiency with AWS services including Lambda, EC2, EMR, SQS, S3, Route 53, ECS, CloudWatch, etc.
- Proficiency and knowledge of networking, security, routing, and firewalls.
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies with Docker/Kubernetes, VMware, etc.
- Some Cloud Account Management experience in terms of IAM would be a bonus.
- Knowledge/experience in a 24/7 always-up, always-available service.
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship, or any other legally protected status.