Software Engineer(GO/PHP/Python/Ruby + Kubernetes)
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, named one of the Best Places to Work in India by Great Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia runs one of the world's largest Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings. Our Drupal optimized cloud runs on over 18,000 AWS instances and delivers billions of page views per month, running some of the largest and most mission-critical websites in the world. We are seeking exceptional professionals who desire to deliver world-class performance and reliability while building powerful tools that enable our customers effortlessly to scale their web applications. At Acquia, we are obsessive about providing our customers with security, availability, and scalability that is second to none and are looking for engineers who are equally passionate.
Acquia’s products run 100% on Amazon Web Services using EC2, CloudFormation, and various other technologies and best practices. Since each product is built and maintained by its own engineering team, the ideal candidate for this position would need to be proactive in familiarizing themselves with those services and have the ability to coordinate and collaborate with multiple teams.
- Develop highly secure, performant and maintainable code using software design paradigms
- Design and develop features for modernizing cloud edge infrastructure and drive adoption of Kubernetes and Cloud-Native Technologies
- Collaborate with other engineers and product teams to shape, build and improve new and existing technologies.
- Set up Kubernetes as a platform with enterprise-level reliability, availability, scalability and performance requirements
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle including planning, development, automated test construction, deployment and operations.
- Contribute as part of a larger team to maintain a deep understanding of system functionality and architecture, with a primary focus on the operational aspects of the service (availability, performance, change management, emergency response, capacity planning, etc)
- Work in an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set by the Product team.
- Over 3 years of experience in design and Software Development Background and over 1 years of experience in working with Containers and Cloud-Native Development
- Experience with object oriented programming and Software design patterns
- Experience in container architecture, docker engine, runtime, container orchestration, and microservice patterns
- Experience working with AWS services such as - EC2, EBS, NLB, EKS, VPC, S3
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins (preferred), Bamboo, Gitlab
- Experience operating with TCP/IP, load balancing, security and operating production environments
- Knowledge on the network layers, varnish cache and nginx
- Experience in developing applications using programming languages such as Go, PHP, Ruby
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong team collaboration and leadership skills
- Familiarity with Agile processes (Kanban, Scrum, etc.)
Good to have: Experience working with
- helm- package manager
- signal-fx agent
- spot-termination handler
- Prometheus and Grafana
- BS in Computer Science (preferred), or a comparable field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Certification in AWS would be a plus
- CKA Professional certification would be plus
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.