Infrastructure Specialist - Cloud
Austin, Texas, US
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Thank you for your interest.
This role is located ONSITE (after covid) Austin, TX.
There is no relocation offered and no remote option (post covid).
The IBM CIO is transforming how we provide Managed IBM Cloud Infrastructure. The group will provide a services environment that focus on Cloud Platform Management, Infrastructure Operations and DevOps. We are looking for talented Cloud Infrastructure Support specialist to join a team in Austin, Texas.
Customer satisfaction and automation is your key focus and you will be a significant contributor delivering IT Support that will delight our IBM Users. Your goal as a Cloud Infrastructure Specialist is will be to deliver excellence in solving specific end user problems.
As a creative problem solver you take pride in the service you deliver. You can quickly determine the best and most efficient way to solve a recurring problem. You'll be comfortable in complex technical environments and quickly be able to analyze complex multi-system issues.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in Systems Administration
- Demonstrated experience in a technical support role
- Exposure to RedHat Linux, Windows, PowerShell, scripting, Cybersecurity, Docker, Kubernetes, WebSphere, DB2, IIS, Apache, Tomcat, Python, automation with Ansible, Active Directory
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in demonstrating excellence in consumer / customer support with technical items.
- 5 or more years experience working in cloud solutions and cloud native technologies (CI/CD, Cloud Foundry, etc)
- 5 or more years experience in database installation, deployment and administration on DB2, MYSQL, Oracle, etc
- Demonstrated communication skills in a customer facing environment.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 or more years experience working in cloud solutions and cloud native technologies (CI/CD, Cloud Foundry, etc)
- 3 or more years experience in database installation, deployment and administration on DB2, MYSQL, Oracle, etc
- Exposure to Linux and Windows designing solutions with multiple distros RHEL, CentOS, Windows Server
- Understanding of Middleware and Virtualization technologies, Apache, Tomcat, OpenVS, VMware, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Citrix Xen, WebSphere
- Understanding and managing of file and object storage (SAN, NAS, AMAZON S3, Google Cloud Storage
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible Apache CD CentOS Chef CI Docker Kubernetes Linux MySQL Oracle Puppet Python RedHat S3 Tomcat Virtualization VMware Windows