London, United Kingdom
We’re Chip. We’re here to make saving effortless, easy and fun. Our mission is to build the best savings app in the world.
We help people save up money automatically. In fact, we’ve automatically saved more than £150 million for tens of thousands of our savers already.
We’ve done all this by using AI, Open Banking and a disruptive approach to traditional banking.
Now, we’re helping people get better returns automatically, too.
You can open a market leading savings account in a couple of taps in Chip, as well as deposit, track and withdraw your money.
As you sit back, save and earn interest, we’ll keep going to the banks on your behalf to negotiate better rates.
This was a service that used to only be available to the super-rich, but we've done some clever things to pool Chip savers' money, so we can negotiate with banks like you're a millionaire.
Sounds pretty good, eh? And we’re just getting started.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 11,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
We’re growing fast and we have some very exciting plans. We’re looking for a Platform Engineer to help us make them happen.
Platform Engineer responsibilities include deploying product updates, identifying issues and implementing integrations that meet customer needs. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are familiar with AWS and Terraform, we’d like to meet you.
What you can expect to be doing:
You will be working with a talented team of engineers to help build the Chip platform. We’re all about automation and security at scale - Terraform, AWS and Kubernetes in production. You can expect to be using a range of tools such as Terraform, Gitlab, comprehensive logging and monitoring tools and more in your day to day role. We have multiple dedicated AWS accounts, all doing different things, controlled from our application pipelines, with dedicated infrastructure for each application. You should be able to be flexible in response to customer needs and work closely with a team of developers to help build the world’s best savings app.
What we’re looking for*:
- Scripting experience: Golang, Python and bash are our ‘go-to’ languages in platform, while our main applications are in PHP and Golang.
- Infrastructure as code experience: ideally Terraform, but Pulumi and CloudFormation are great too
- Cloud Service Providers: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Familiarity and comfort with dockerising applications, and ideally some experience with container orchestration: Kubernetes (standalone or EKS), Docker Compose or Docker-swarm
- Experience automatically deploying containers into a number of environments
- Experience of working in a multi-account AWS environment.
- An interest in Microservice Architecture / Mesh technologies and how to deploy / manage them
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Although we’re in the financial space, we’re about having fun together to build the world’s best app for stashing cash. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of code, to join our work family. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us. At the interview stages will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough. Code monkeys need not apply.
- £50,000 - £60,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted + bank holidays + Xmas to New year but policy not to count) ✈️
- Free Classpass membership or gym membership
- MacBook Pro or similar
- Based in the heart of Chancery Lane
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Phone Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Short take home technical test
- Video interview with the hiring manager
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.