Software Developer - Controls, Audit, and Licensing DevOps Squad
Southbury, Connecticut, US
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position is located onsite in Southbury, CT. Once is it okay to go into the office, this position will report daily to the office.
There is no option for remote work.
The secret to success is our people and culture. We enjoy building quality products, crafting an amazing user experience, and having fun in the process.
You will be part of a DevOps squad supporting vital IBM Finance Systems’ Controls, Audit, and Licensing applications. A key component of how we work is using Agile Practices and IBM Design Thinking to drive customer success, deliver holistic product experiences, and take on new and exciting challenges related to Application and System support, development, and product integration.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic software developer to support and improve our applications as they continue to grow in scope. Creativity, intellectual curiosity, passion for helping others are key characteristics for success; along with technical skills, business problem solving, and integrity. Candidates should aspire to continuous learning and appreciate the value and experience of small, complementary teams who Think Big.
- Participate in design, development, review and test efforts for improvements
- Perform root cause analysis of technical and process issues
- Develop new and existing database repositories
- Design new application databases (OLTP and Business Information Warehouses)
- Provide ongoing steady state support and maintenance of our Controls, Audit, and Licensing applications
- Partner with the Technical Lead and the IT Architect to design a world class solution
- Collaborate with your fellow Developers, Business Analysts, Iteration Managers and Product Owners using your communication and team skills
- Contribute to the team’s Agile and DevOps maturity
- Analyze customer or product owners needs and deliver solutions to meet those needs
The team is located in an agile open space in Southbury, CT and uses physical and virtual tools to collaborate and lead their work. No remote opportunities exist.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years’ experience in systems support, application development and/or integration
- 3+ years’ experience in the following: Java or similar, DB2, SQL, Web Services or APIs
- 3+ years’ experience in Agile practices
- Recent DB2 z/os DBA development work
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience developing technical solutions from new business requirements
- Experience with Automated test tools
- Experience with Continuous Monitoring tools
- Experience with micro-services
- Experience with OS/Windows, Visual Basic, C#
- Application Database Design (OLTP and Business Information Warehouses)
- Proficiency with development of new and existing database repositories
- Application SQL development to support CRUD operations
- SQL Performance tuning
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: C Go Java SQL Windows