Senior Software Engineer, Payments Infrastructure
San Francisco, United States
What is Payments Engineering at Airbnb?
The Payments team at Airbnb provides the financial platform to facilitate payments for all products on Airbnb. We’re a fast-growing team that has a 50+ billion dollar global footprint: We have as much volume as Venmo, 3x more currencies than PayPal, and 7x more countries supported than Stripe.
As an infrastructure engineer here, you’ll have the opportunity to build out the infrastructure that touches all the main lines of the Airbnb Payments stack, from our core payments platform to our commerce platform, financial Intelligence, and more. We’re creating and promoting shared processes, tools, and infrastructure that drive system reliability, availability, and performance. We’re responsible for making sure every transaction at Airbnb is observable across the end-to-end platform during each stage of the payment and is handled reliably.
We’re looking for people with a strong background (or interest!) in systems. We’d love to hear from you whether you’re a seasoned systems developer, or whether you’ve just learned you might like working with databases.
What is an Infrastructure Software Engineer on Payments at Airbnb?
An infrastructure engineer on Payments has the opportunity to build infrastructure that powers one of the largest payments and commerce platforms that power all Airbnb products as well as 3rd party products through partnership and acquisition. We build infrastructure to make sure that we are always driving towards performant, forward thinking solutions.
- Design, build, and maintain the core infrastructure used by all of Airbnb Payments engineering teams
- Plan for the growth of Airbnb Payments
- Build a great user experience for engineers using your infrastructure
- Work in partnership with the overall Airbnb Infrastructure team and other Payments engineers who use the systems you’re building
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience designing and implementing the architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Experience with development best practices such as A/B testing, continuous integration
- Understanding of data structures and problem solving approaches, and ability to articulate trade offs
- Passion for creating a highly effective technology platform for our growing global workforce
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.