Data Infrastructure Engineer
Remote - US / Canada
Posted 1 month ago
GitHub is looking for engineers to join our Data Infrastructure team. You'll be part of a team building and deploying large scale data and object storage for the world's largest code hosting platform
The Data Infrastructure team is highly distributed and we thrive in an environment of remote work and asynchronous communication. As a member of our team, you'll always be challenged by interesting and novel problems that have real impact on how the world builds software.
- Build services and systems that empathetically and pragmatically meet real operability needs of GitHub developers
- Use data to understand the availability, reliability, and sustainability of our infrastructure
- You will respond to the needs of users and of other developers at GitHub.
- Work closely with other teams from across the organization
- Experience building and deploying large, complex distributed systems with an eye toward reliability.
- Proficiency in Golang, Python, and/or Ruby.
- You take a pragmatic approach to decision making and design choices.
- Experience building highly available services at scale.
- You have developed and scaled services in Go.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving complex multi-system performance problems.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration systems.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.