DevOps Engineer II
Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of what's next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters
DevOps Engineers ensure the deployment, high availability and performance of Vonage web applications. We span both development and operations, acting as the glue that brings products from concepts to actual deployed applications. In this role, you would be working on team requests that can range from debug routing issues between our multiple accounts, create new roles and policies, identify the best practice for a given problem, and anything else a team in AWS may need help with.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Manage a ticket queue and execute on the requests in priority driven order.
- Ensure teams are following best practices when it comes to IAM, Security Groups, and other AWS features.
- Identify possible targets for automation based upon team requests and ticket trends.
- Provide development assistance for automation initiatives and other development deliverables.
- Collaborate with others to troubleshoot and resolve escalated production issues related to our Cloud Platform and related tools
- Acting as a thought leader on best practices for AWS as it relates to product build and deployment.
What you will bring
- Desire to be part of a talented and motivated team of engineers.
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages, such as C#, Java or Python.
- Some cloud computing experience, preferably AWS. Training for our setup will be provided, but a good foundation is a must.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Previous support ticket system experience required, JIRA experience a plus.
- A strong desire to learn, build and grow.
- Ability to:
o Apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret technical and system problems.
o Analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
o Work effectively with technical and non-technical people.
o Prioritize based upon user feedback from multiple sources
o Desire to understand and gain expert knowledge of Vonage products and services.
What is required for application
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent.
- You have 1+ yrs experience working in operations or DevOps organizations.
- Experience with object-oriented/object functional scripting languages - Python preferred.
- Hands-on experience working AWS IAM (roles, policies, access keys)
- Hands-on experience working with AWS Networking structures (Security Groups, Route Tables, VPCs) is a nice to have
- Have the ability to stand firm on best practices even when pressed for time.
- An understanding and/or practical experience with AWS Cloud Security Structures & Services
- General understanding of infrastructure (DNS, Network Principles, etc )
- Familiarity with Git, Gitlab or Github (& GitFlow) or other DVCS
- Have the ability to work independently and complete projects with minimal oversight
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
- AWS Associate Certification
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.