IT Infrastructure Architect
Bratislava, Bratislavský Kraj, SK
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Electronic Delivery Services (eDelivery) is looking for IT infrastructure architect who will design, develop and maintain IBM primary electronic data delivery solution with worldwide reach. IBM eDelivery is a suite of applications and services that provide IBM with the ability to quickly and securely deliver information electronically around the world. There is a vast collection of infrastructure, systems and data storage behind the scene, however, the customers do not see the complexity behind it. Whether simple IBM downloads, secure file transfers or complex export controlled ticketed downloads – software, documentation, fixes to products, reports and pretty much anything that can be sent electronically, we send over the internet with the proper controls. Worldwide optimization minimizes the duration of the downloads. 3 million downloads per month make this solution critical for IBM.
- Experience with web technologies and building enterprise architecture roadmaps
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions
- Knowledge of client-server networking and database management
- Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
- Experience planning and developing support processes and adhering to best practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, creative thinking
- Web server and application server administration and web applications deployment experience
- Web Tech experience (PAN)
- Architecture Certification (TOGAF, CITA, EACOE, Certified SOA Architect, etc.)
- Knowledge of Cisco network and technologies, CCNA(P), Linux and Unix
- Experience with Akamai solutions
- Network and server optimization
- Salary starts from 1.800Eur/m, based on relevant experience MSC
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Linux Unix Web applications