Cloud Infrastructure Specialist
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Cloud Infrastructure Specialist, you are responsible to perform installation, implementation, customization, operation, recovery and performance tuning for infrastructure services.
An ambitious individual who can work under your own direction towards agreed targets and goals, you have the ability to manage change and to work under stress. You are curious to learn as demonstrated by your up-to-date technical knowledge. You are a good team player and you are familiar with Agile methodologies and principles and/or have experience working in an Agile team. You will thrive in an open, dynamic, flexible, fun, spirited, collaborative environment; an individual who desires creative freedom and the opportunity to work in a high performing team.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Specialist, you will:
- Perform installation, implementation, customization, operation, recovery and performance tuning for infrastructure services
- Build, update and maintain scripts, settings and interfaces of the tools participating on a Delivery Pipeline (Jenkins, TravisCI, UrbanCode, SonarQube)
- Implement changes, perform security related tasks, identify and recommend improvements to existing processes and procedures
- See opportunities of automation and reduce the operational workload, build scripts, introduce new tools and practices as needed
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Btech in computer science or equivalent
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in cloud technologies
- Proficient to keep software up to date, Images, AIX, Linux, WebSphere, DB2 systems.
- Ability to code in at least one modern language such as Python, Ruby, NodeJS
- Solid understanding of Apache, PHP and/or MariaDB/MySQL
- Validated knowledge of Cloud technologies: IaaS, PaaS, Containers, Orchestrators and with version control systems such as Git
- Experience of DevOps practices (Continuous Integration/Delivery/Monitoring/etc)
- Experience in troubleshooting complex systems, including OS, Middleware and Network
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- UNIX/Linux systems knowledge
- Understanding of networking fundamentals
- Understand Site Reliability Engineering practices
About Business Unit
We, at the IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) are a dynamic group of business, strategy and technology professionals, who provide top-of-the-line industry consulting, application and business process delivery, and follow agile values and principles. CIO is at the forefront of the digital reinvention of key applications used across IBM globally, providing value-led and asset-powered end-to-end solutions.
We are a cross-functional organization that provides IT applications and infrastructure services to IBM Business Units and to IBMers worldwide. Our mission is to provide a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that own the business, and Innovating to transform the business. We continually Deepen our Agile practices while ensuring we Secure the Enterprise.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Apache Git Linux MariaDB MySQL PHP Python Reliability engineering Ruby Unix