The Cloud Transition and Modernization Technology team provides the United States Marine Corps with system administrators who are skilled in provisioning and migrating web sites and web applications into the cloud and on-premises Data Center(s). We are looking for a mid-level System / Cloud Engineer that has experience provisioning system infrastructure in VMWare and AWS.
Transition client web sites and applications to AWS or client’s Data Center:
- Develops DevOps automation code to deploy, configure, and manage a variety of technologies.
- Good grasp of fundamental security concepts with hands-on experience in implementing security controls and compliance requirements
- An understanding of IP networking fundamentals and network security
- Supporting development, testing, staging, and full production environments.
- Performs subsystem definition, preliminary and detailed design, design implementation, subsystem and system integration, and tests for a subsystem.
- Participates in system requirements review, preliminary and critical design reviews, integration readiness review, and software acceptance reviews.
- Researches problems discovered by quality reviews and develops solutions.
- Develops systems that operate with COTS and GOTS tools and products.
- Proficient with shell scripting in order to automate infrastructure tasks.
- Researches, designs, and develops system infrastructure, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Formulates and designs software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Develops system infrastructure testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Consults with customer concerning maintenance of software system.
- Provides support for the acquisition, installation, maintenance and operations of computer systems hardware, software and networks within assigned customer facilities and AWS.
- Identifies creative solutions to improve system and product offerings.
- Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical problems associated with specific projects
- Collaborates with technical writers to create customer-relevant documentation.
- Coordinates with project work teams to ensure adherence to policies, achievement of quality targets and delivery on schedule milestones.
- 7 years Technical Experience
- 2+ years of AWS management experience, including experience with EC2, RDS, and CloudWatch
- 5+ years of Windows Server system administration, deployment, configuration and management
- 2+ years of Linux system administration, deployment, configuration and management
- 2+ years of VMWare experience
- Familiarity with Terraform is preferred
- Familiarity with government processes is preferred
- Secret Clearance Required
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Leave Accrual
- Casual, Fun and Exciting Work Environment
- Game Room and Popcorn Machine
- Daily Food Trucks on Site
- Complementary Hot and Cold Beverages
- Easy Access off of 526 and Close Proximity to Park Circle
- Short Term Disability
- Additional (Voluntary) Life Insurance
- Additional (Voluntary) AD&D Insurance
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Online Training
- AFLAC Supplementary Insurances
Spinvi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Spinvi does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Spinvi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Spinvi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Spinvi expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Spinvi’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.