Mobile QA Automation Engineer - Manchester
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Australia. We have more than 20 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us here.
Right now, we are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to be based at our Manchester office, who has a passion for automation testing and building quality products. As our product and customer base grows, you will be supporting us on our path towards achieving more frequent releases, increasing stability and reducing lead time.
- Understanding how the Depop app functions, the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Understanding user expectations, and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Along with manual testing, help setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on Mobile, Web, and Backend, as well as building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Mentoring and coaching Depop’s Engineers to adapt and follow the Quality Assistance model.
- Investigating user problems referred to you by the Product teams, testing bugs, and creating and managing bug reports.
- Working with Platform teams, resolving build pipeline issues and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Constantly looking for ways to expand and improve on our current automation framework and workflows.
- Supporting the final quality of production release.
You are someone who:
- Loves working in an agile, collaborative and dynamic environment
- Values human interaction and face to face communication
- Wants to make an impact every single day
- Values pyramids over ice-cream cones
- Despises flaky tests
- Knows what constitutes useful automation, and how to write it
- Wants to innovate in the technical space, and tells the world about it
- Is not afraid to experiment with new technologies and is keen to explore
- Experience with native mobile applications testing
- Proven working experience in software development following Agile methodologies
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive acceptance criteria and test cases
- Experience with JIRA (TM4J, Zephyr or X-ray management is advantageous)
- Proficient in Swift, Kotlin or Java (or similar OOPs languages)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject preferred
- Experience in working with Shipping/Payments platforms
- Strong knowledge with API testing
- Experience with Quality Assistance model
- Hands-on experience with automated testing frameworks like XCUItest or Espresso
- Knowledge of EarlGrey and Robolectric
Want to find out more about Depop & our engineering team? We write about technology, people and smart engineering right here - https://engineering.depop.com/
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Financial: We match up to 6 percent on your pension based on qualified earnings and have retail discounts from benefithub.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.