Infrastructure Team Lead - Cloud Platforms
We are looking for an experienced Team Lead who is passionate about DevOps, Cloud Native Infrastructure, and empowering teams to take ownership for shipping continuously and reliably to production.
We are on a mission to provide a secure, reliable, and scalable cloud platform on which the rest of the business builds and operates Snyk – across all of our deployment options including multi-tenant SaaS, single-tenant SaaS, and On Prem solutions.
You will be managing the Cloud Platforms team which is a founding team within the Infra Group. The Infra Group will grow fast in 2021 as the business is investing heavily in this area. There are many exciting technical and architectural challenges ahead as we scale to enable millions of developers through our security tooling, scaling to operating hundreds of clusters on multiple cloud providers, while maintaining high availability and reliability of our platforms. Now is the most exciting time to join!
You will be responsible for managing the team who develops platform tools and services used across the company, working with external customers running Snyk on their own cloud infrastructure, and helping move the field of application security forward!
You’ll spend your time:
- Managing the day-to-day activity of the team, striving for predictable and repeatable success.
- Working cross-functionally with Snyk’s Product teams to help them make best use of the platform’s capabilities, and identifying and leading the build-out of new capabilities.
- Managing, mentoring, coaching, and moving the personal development of individuals on your team forward.
- Ensuring we are solving the right problems by sourcing input from multiple channels and prioritising effectively for maximum impact.
- Developing strong partnerships with Snyk’s cross-functional teams, creating continuous feedback loops that enable the business by creating a “paved path” for easy adoption of our platform tooling.
- Building, maintaining and continually improving the tools that we use to deploy and operate the software that we build. This includes automated build and deployment, secrets management, system observability, measurement, log aggregation, scaling, and more.
- Applying software engineering approaches to operational challenges.
- Improving the reliability of Snyk’s platform and product.
You should apply if you:
- Believe that DevOps is an outcome, not a role.
- Have managerial experience of running one or more teams for at least 3 years.
- Have experience in hiring and growing engineers.
- Have hands-on experience as an Infrastructure Engineer, SRE, or similar – implementing Cloud Native architectures for various domains and contexts.
- Communicate proactively, and enjoy working with people from multiple disciplines.
- Have worked with cloud compute and storage, including public cloud vendors (AWS, GCP, or Azure).
- Have experience running Kubernetes in a production environment.
- Have experience building and maintaining automation tooling.
- Have seen good (and bad) infrastructure, and have keen observations about what works and what doesn’t.
- Are willing to inspect and change the status quo – to discover fresh ideas on how infrastructure is built, delivered, and operated at scale.
We’d especially love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience making data-driven infrastructure decisions.
- Experience of working with multiple cloud providers.
- Experience in Application and Cloud Security.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern. Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are distributed across four offices in London, Tel Aviv, Boston and Ottawa, with our engineering teams based mostly in London and Tel Aviv, and 10% of the company working fully-remote. We’ve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives. Not to mention that we have an always-on webcam so we can see what’s happening in each office, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel.
At Snyk, we are experiencing rapid growth and we want you to join us! By the end of Q3 2020 alone, Snyk had already over 600,000 registered users, including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, Salesforce, Mastercard, BBC, and others). We also raised an additional $200 million, announced September, 2020. With this investment, we have partnered with Stripes, along with Coatue, Tiger Global, BoldStart, Trend Forward, Amity and Salesforce Ventures, to build on our 2019 momentum and continue to fuel our developer-first approach to security.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure