QA Automation Engineer
Austin, TX or Remote
The QA Automation Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of the test automation platform in addition to maintaining standards and contributing to our test coverage both directly and through QA enablement.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, humility.
- Use existing tooling to write tests to improve coverage of critical components.
- Build out automation frameworks to help integrate automated tests seamlessly into current development process.
- Build and maintain test environments and provisioning automation.
- Propose, design and deploy new tooling. eg. SonarQube, SauceLabs, BlazeMeter, etc.
- Propose, design and deploy tools to enable other features including performance testing, fuzz testing, network failure testing.
- Work with real world problems faced in scaling the business, suggest innovations/enhancements and work with team in implementing and rolling them out.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team in order to improve testing standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production and test environment issues across multiple levels of the stack.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 6+ years of relevant software testing experience in fast paced environments
- Knowledge of one or more languages like: Python, Go, Java, Nodejs, Ruby
- Proficient with Python, Flask and collaborative tools like Git
- Experience with automation frameworks like: Selenium, Cucumber/Gherkin, Gauge
- Experience with build tools like: Jenkins, CircleCI, or GitLab
- Experience automating tests for REST APIs
- Experience performance testing web applications (JMeter, Gatling)
- Self driven; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Desire to work remotely and make an impact in a fast paced team
- Excellent communication skills, a team player with a 'winning as a team' attitude
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience desired
Who We Are
Since 2014, ReCharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, ReCharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 30 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 250+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.