Kubernetes Infrastructure Administrator - K8s/ICP and Kafka Skills
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
The IBM Global Chief Data Office is looking for a Kubernetes Infrastructure Administrator having K8s and Kafka skills.
At CDO, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
- Maintain Enterprise infrastructure Platform systems.
- Ensure all security / vulnerability issues dealt with as per IBM security guidelines.
- Provide L3 support.
- Work with INFRA technical leadership on capacity planning, proactive performance and monitoring, problem identification / resolution.
- Ensure high availability of all systems.
- Plan / implement system upgrades / maintenance
- Work with IBM products on support issues, keep up to date on upcoming releases / fixpacks
Minimum 3-5 years of experience in IT Industry
Expertise in RHEL Administration and Kafka Administration.
- Proficient in Unix scripting / patching / security.
- Experience in Virtualization, Ansible and Load balancers (haproxy).
- Working knowledge of Networking (L2/L3/BGP/VRRP/MLAG), CEPH and/or GPFS.
- In-depth Enterprise level DBA, Data modelling and Query optimization.
- Experience in Multi-tenant / concurrency, Load management, Monitoring, Enterprise K8s.
- Prior knowledge of Resource management, Security, Storage / persistent volume.
- Experience in Deployment / build / devops
- Ability to work and manage business critical production issues.
- Should be flexible working based on business requirement.
- Hands on experience with Big Data tools.
- Experience in IBM Cloud
We, at the IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) are a dynamic group of business, strategy and technology professionals, who provide top-of-the-line industry consulting, application and business process delivery, and follow agile values and principles. CIO is at the forefront of the digital reinvention of key applications used across IBM globally, providing value-led and asset-powered end-to-end solutions.
We are a cross-functional organization that provides IT applications and infrastructure services to IBM Business Units and to IBMers worldwide. Our mission is to provide a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that own the business, and Innovating to transform the business. We continually Deepen our Agile practices while ensuring we Secure the Enterprise.
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible High availability Kafka Kubernetes Unix Virtualization