Senior Software Engineer, Securities Infrastructure
Rio De Janeiro, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
This role is on the Securities Infrastructure team within our Corporations Business Unit. We are the flagship product of Carta and we provide Equity Plan Management for Private and Public companies. Today, we manage upwards of 1 trillion of equity!
The Securities Infrastructure team is a collaborative and passionate group of professionals that includes product managers and engineers. We’re united by a common mission to create more owners and simplify equity management. We place a high premium on experimentation and validated learning and we focus on being values and mission-driven, not didactic or prescriptive.
The Problems You’ll Solve
On the Securities Infrastructure team you will help us drive Carta’s core domain future empowering other teams to build new products and services using our services inventory and data model as well as helping us build an important part of our service mesh.
You will build reliable and scalable services to be connected on the Carta platform. You will collaborate on defining the system's architecture, model the database schema design, and plan how these services will be integrated on all environments, including production.
You will monitor applications, making sure they work as intended and perform well. You will debug problems if they arise, traversing all layers of the application to understand it fully.
In this role you will also:
- Bring leverage to others engineers in the team, helping to design our internal systems, continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Design solutions that will work with different services and parts of Carta's ecosystem
- Build tools and services used across the various domains at Carta
- Design and architecting infrastructure that will help others scale their features
- Own the entire software development lifecycle, from planning and implementation to release, as well as monitoring and scaling.
The Impact You’ll Have
- Working on the biggest organization at Carta
- Helping bring in the highest revenue of the company
- Creating solutions to be used for our biggest audience (over 15,000 VC backed companies)
- Creating leverage for companies by building tools to empower them managing their equity plans, stock positioning, and capitalization table
You have 5+ years of systems engineering or distributed systems building scalable and service-oriented applications. You have strong communication skills to coordinate cross-team efforts and enjoy solving problems that are crucial to the business, impacting the whole organization. You thrive to understand the full application lifecycle, from business requirements to environment idiosyncrasies and continuous deployment. You're passionate about FinTech and the challenges involved in creating a self-healing, robust and thoughtful architecture.
Our tech stack is composed of containerized Python applications, backed by Postgres databases, and deployed on Kubernetes clusters. Prior experience with these technologies is ideal, but not required. Our team consists of people who are happy to help you learn everything you need to be successful at Carta.
The Interview Process
Our team believes that interviews are a two-way process and we strive to make them enjoyable without any “gotchas.” The interview process starts with a call with a member of our warm, amazing recruiting team who will tell you more about the job and the company. Then, you’ll meet the engineering manager for the Securities Infrastructure team, Erick, who will walk you through the specifics of the position, the team structure, what we’re looking for, and of course, answer any questions you will have. This interview will last 30 minutes. Then, there’s a technical screen where you’ll be paired with one of the engineers on the Securities Infrastructure team for a 60 minute pair programming exercise. Finally, we will schedule you for another four to five meetings with other team members to discuss everything from coding and design to Carta’s culture to cross-team collaboration and what you can expect, and what is expected from you.
We also believe that every employee is making difference in our mission, we offer to all employees:
- Equity at a hyper growth company since your start
- Opportunity to grow in your career and sharpen your skills (Unlimited Books reimbursement, internal mentorship program)
- Performance reviews every 6 months
- All the equipment you need to do your job (Brand new Macbook, extra monitors and peripherals)
- Health, Dental and Life insurance for you and your family
- Above the market meal allowance
- Mental health and wellness assistance program
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days paid vacation
- English classes reimbursement
- Monthly Cellphone bill stipend
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leaves
- Snacks and Beverages unlimited in the Office
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.