Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Teams You’ll Work With
In this role you’ll be collaborating closely with the Identity + Access Management and Platform Services + Applications teams. These teams are responsible for building the core services and applications that power Carta’s various Business Units. We use a variety of technologies including Helm, Kubernetes, Docker, Django, and Python. The teams are facing the challenges of deployment pipelines and scaling our services so we can support Carta’s next generation of micro-services.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Work cross functionally with other engineering teams (i.e. SRE, etc.) to establish policies and frameworks for service deployment and data synchronization.
- Solve complex dependencies for our critical services and build automation solutions to prevent future problems.
- Develop automation scripts to streamline system upgrades and pipelines to improve deployment cycle.
- Maximize and maintain high availability of systems and services while ensuring our services are meeting their SLOs.
- Influence new designs and architecture, best practices, and standards in supporting and improving Technology platforms.
- Establish monitoring and alerting of production systems and critical applications.
- Work cross functionally to support the teams with other parts of the organization.
- Help with development activities as time permits.
The successful candidate will be part of a cross functional team of engineers + product managers. You will have an extremely high EQ and IQ and have a strong bias towards collaboration. We’re optimizing for strong senior engineers with at least 5+ years of experience who are excited about the opportunities to work with fast moving teams with experience working with:
- Hosting distributed systems on a cloud provider (GCP or AWS)
- Containerization technologies (specifically, Docker and Kubernetes)
- Working with scalable infrastructures
- A mindset for “infrastructure as code” (using tools like Helm, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Ideally experience coding in Python and Django.