Senior Software Engineer, Growth Infrastructure
Santiago, Chile; Viña del Mar, Chile
* Please upload your resume in English only *
About the team
We aspire not only to make people more successful by using technology to improve their thinking but also to build an incredible company while doing so. As an engineer on Evernote’s Growth Infrastructure team, you’ll design, build and scale the high-impact services that drive growth at Evernote. We are currently working on the NextGen of our Communication Platform, experimentation platform, and personalization/recommendation engine. We work to ensure that over 200 million users who rely on Evernote have an engaging and personalized experience.
We are a creative, diverse, and analytical team, passionate about continuous learning around our customers’ behaviors. We value empathy for the customer experience, as well as a quantitative focus on driving business metrics. Our tools empower us to move fast and dive deep – building and deploying tests to anticipate and rapidly respond to our customer’s needs. We measure in days, not weeks, and monitor our experiments’ results in real-time.
What you'll do
- Build large scale distributed systems
- Develop microservices with our new Kubernetes-based service deployment system
- Dive into existing services, deployed in containerized cloud infrastructure, and being able to troubleshoot issues and improve their reliability and performance.
- Help us extend our new communications platform
- Raise the bar on Operational Excellence by building dashboards, monitors & alerts for your features
- Lead and drive end to end execution of the projects
- Collaborate with Product & Design to build customer-facing features
- Drive software engineering best practices
What you've done:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Designed and built microservices with focus on scale, reliability, availability, and security
- Experience shipping modern web applications with Java, Node.js, HTML, CSS, React.js, and RESTful APIs, having deep understanding of either or both frontend and backend
- Breaking monolith into distributed services architecture
- Understand containerization using Docker or similar technologies
- Deployed software in Google, AWS, Azure or similar cloud-native technologies
- Consistently delivered high-quality software in a timely manner
Who you are:
- Strongly believe in “you build it, you own it” mindset
- You hold yourself accountable for delivering results
- You work well with teams and help those around you improve
- You have a growth mindset
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.