Software Engineer Intern (Infrastructure Automation) - Summer 2021
San Mateo, CA, USA
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
We’re looking for dedicated students who share our passion for ground-breaking technology and want to create a lasting future for you and Snowflake.
WHAT WE OFFER :
- Paid, full-time internships in the heart of the software industry
- Post-internship career opportunities (full-time and/or additional internships)
- Exposure to a fast-paced, fun and inclusive culture
- A chance to work with world-class experts on challenging projects
- Opportunity to provide meaningful contributions to a real system used by customers
- High level of access to supervisors (manager and mentor), detailed direction without micromanagement, feedback throughout your internship, and a final evaluation
- Stuff that matters: treated as a member of the Snowflake team, included in company meetings/activities, flexible hours, casual dress code, catered lunches, access to gaming consoles, recreational games, happy hours, company outings, swag, and much more
WHAT WE EXPECT :
- Desired class level: 3rd/4th year Undergraduates, Masters, or PhD
- Desired majors: Computer Science, Physics, Math, or related field
- Required Coursework: Algorithms, Data Structures, Operating Systems,
- Recommended Coursework: database systems, distributed systems
- When: When: Summer (May - August or June - September)
- Duration: 12-16 weeks recommended
- Excellent programming skills in Python or Java.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Strong problem solving and ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Experience with working as a part of a team
- Dedication and passion for technology
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN / GAIN :
- How to build enterprise grade, reliable, and trustworthy software/services
- Exposure to SQL and/or other database technologies
- Understanding of database internals, large-scale data processing, and data warehouse design
- Experience building automation frameworks and infrastructure to improve efficient of development workflow
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure, AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform in particular
POSSIBLE TEAMS / WORK FOCUS AREAS :
- Quality, Release, and Engineering Infrastructure
- Software-as-a-Service platform
- Software frameworks for functional, system, performance & production testing
- Tooling and infrastructure automation for engineering productivity
- Multi-cloud release automation
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?