Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
San Mateo, CA, USA
Founded by industry experts and backed by strategic investors, our disruptive built-for-the-cloud architecture was designed to push the limitations of conventional data warehousing.
Our teams breed ambition, challenge ordinary thinking, push the pace of innovation, and work hard to provide our customers with the best experience possible.
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the valuable insight to solve for today while building for the future.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.We are looking for a strong infrastructure engineer to help architect and manage our Artifactory & other cloud systems for Corporate Engineering.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Architect and manage our enterprise JFrog Artifactory system.
- As part of the IT DevOps team, you will be responsible for configuration, optimization, documentation and support of the infrastructure components
- Design, build and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services, and underlying software infrastructure
- Assist in coaching engineering teams in their Continuous Integration workflows.
- Foster collaboration with software product development, architecture, and IT teams to ensure releases are delivered with repeatable and audit-able processes.
- Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restores of different environments.
- Design and architect solutions for existing client-facing applications as they are moved into cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of operational experience in managing web or cloud-based services
- 3 + years of experience in managing any public cloud (AWS, Azure and Google cloud)
- 5+ years of experience with CI/CD technologies and tools like Jenkins, Packer, Rake, Ant or Gradle .
- Experience with config/provisioning tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, or Salt
- Experience with Azure Active Directory, OKTA for SAML / SCIM provisioning.
- Experience with Cloud Networking & Security
- Experience in managing a GIT based Source control Git/GitHub/Gitlab.
- Experience in managing systems in the Linux & windows ecosystem.
- Experience with automation via any scripting such as, Bash, Python or powershell.
- Experience with Cloud Environment in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Any experience with Cloud Cost Management would be a big plus.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?