Senior DevOps Engineer
Wavo is looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to join our Foundation (DevSecOps) team.
Digital advertising, technology, & data are changing the way artists & brands approach advertising. With Wavo, you will get the rare chance to create products and services that will be used by today’s top artists, managers and brands to help them grow their business through Wavo’s advertising, analytics, and business automation products.
Wavo’s engineering team is small and efficient, and while we work to a high standard, we don’t over-manage with specs. We strive to build a workplace where everyone works hard and gets passionate about the big challenges.
We can promise you will never be bored. We are always experimenting, testing new approaches and challenging ourselves to master new skills. We try to think outside of the box and build an environment that’s both exciting and meaningful.
- Architect, build and optimize our CI/CD pipelines to make them robust and efficient.
- Define our infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Write testable, efficient, and reusable code.
- Operate our Kubernetes, EMR (AWS), RDS (AWS), and Sagemaker (AWS) clusters.
- Optimize our S3 Object lifecycle management for reliability, accessibility and costs.
- Create tools and automation frameworks to power developer-friendly deployments.
- Partner with engineers on ways to minimize build/testing/release friction and optimize efficiency.
- Continually improve performance, reliability, scalability and resilience of complex and critical infrastructure components (web servers, data stores, hosted services, load balancers, etc.) through the proper use of replication, sharding, load balancing, monitoring, SLAs, alerting, and auto-scaling.
- Collaborate with our SecOps, other engineers, and service teams to build security into our application and services from the very beginning.
- Develop and maintain solutions for operational administration, system & data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring
- Create enhanced protections that make our application and services more difficult to compromise.
- Guide your fellow engineers in their architectural and infrastructural choice to deliver scalable and reliable solutions.
- Team leadership: Collaborate, coach and inspire the other DevOps engineers; helping them learn the craft through code reviews and mentorship.
- Upgrade and patch systems as required while ensuring the availability of service
- Recruiting: Participate in HR recruiting events, helping to identify and recruit top developers.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field. (Master’s degree, an asset)
- Have 3+ years of experience as an SRE / DevOps engineer working on AWS platform
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience administrating Linux based environments
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience with service-oriented architectures, software development and the development life cycle
- Have A minimum of 2 years experience practicing continuous integration and continuous delivery, operating and optimizing CI/CD pipelines (CircleCI a plus)
- Have working experience integrating different cloud orchestration components, deployments, and continuous integration tools such as Terraform, Kubernetes, and CircleCi.
- Have working experience with infrastructure as code / Terraform to provision and manage cloud infrastructures and services
- Know the Kubernetes container orchestration frameworks
- Have experience developing automation/orchestration and process for improvements to daily development operations.
- Have expertise in infrastructure to support a microservices architecture
- Have experience with AWS services related to compute, storage, networking & content delivery, security, identity & compliance.
- Have strong knowledge of caching technologies (Redis, Memcached, etc.) with the ability to scale, shard and improve resiliency by leveraging advanced caching concepts
- Have expertise in RDBMS and NoSQL databases at scale. Postgres, Redis, and RabbitMQ a plus.
- Have a solid understanding of Git, including branching and merging strategies
- Have a thorough understanding of Unix/Linux and networking fundamentals.
- Are passionate about working on systems that are highly reliable, maintainable, and scalable
- Are a good communicator and enjoy interacting with people
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-first team.
- Are comfortable having ownership and control of a project.
- Our architecture and the projects are all based around micro-services, therefore having experience monitoring distributed micro-services is a plus.
- Being certified in one of the recognized security certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CEH, OSCP, CCSP, Security+ Certifications) is also a plus.
- Have a good understanding of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management etc. is also a plus.
- Having experience in business analytics, machine learning, or big data is a plus.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Competitive Equity
- Group health and dental insurance plan
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Free tickets to shows and festivals
- Company outings & activities
- A dynamic work environment
- Being a part of innovation at the nexus of music, marketing/advertising, and technology
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.