Engineering Manager - Data Infrastructure
San Mateo, CA, USA
The Data Infrastructure team builds Snowflake’s central data repository and infrastructure, enabling fast and easy data analytics. It powers Snowflake’s businesses and engineering teams, and in the process provides reference architectures for customers. The team is investing into multiple critical areas like better data sharing with customers, consistent and efficient pipeline authoring, and analytics to power ML-based recommendations. The Data Infrastructure team is a central part of helping Snowflake be the #1 Cloud Data Platform.
We are looking for an exceptional engineering leader to manage and grow this high-impact team.
AS AN ENGINEERING MANAGER IN DATA INFRASTRUCTURE, YOU WILL:
- Lead and drive projects from idea formulation, to design, and to implementation.
- Drive great partnership with the product management team.
- Set team strategy and be accountable for team plans and deliverables.
- Grow and build a strong, healthy, and diverse team through hiring as well mentoring and coaching.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams and cross functional teams.
- Provide strong technical leadership to the team and partner teams.
- Enable the data science organization, business groups, engineering teams to build comprehensive analytics quickly and effectively.
- Identify the gaps in our data infrastructure and design and build the solutions.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 10+ years of experience in distributed systems, some of which are in data warehouse or data infrastructure software development.
- 5+ years of experience in managing and leading teams to build systems and framework to process PBs of data and real-time event streaming.
- Strong track record of delivering large scale and resilient distributed systems and services.
- Extensive and strong development experience in cloud environments, such as AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience in ML is a big plus.
- Strong hands-on skills. Can drill deep into the complex system design and implementation when needed.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related majors, or equivalent experience.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?