GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
GoDaddy is looking for a DevOps engineer to work with us to build and maintain our next generation eCommerce platform in the EMEA region. You will work with several multi-national development teams to help them get their services live and to maintain/grow the platform.
This position can be based remotely across Romania, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Serbia and Bulgaria.
What you'll get to do...
- Implementing new infrastructure components and deploying them in a distributed environment
- Resolving any issues that may arise on the platform
- Working with development teams to deploy new projects from CI/CD to live
- Always looking for ways to optimise the platform and make it more resilient
- Work on migrating the existing infrastructure to AWS
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Assist, where possible, on migrating legacy systems onto the platform
Your experience should include...
- Strong Linux administration skills, we primarily use CentOS
- Experience with virtualisation systems, primarily KVM
- Good Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL systems, primarily Cassandra and MySQL
- Experience in building/working with distributed infrastructure and systems
- Experience with Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Experience with AWS
- Good understanding of Networks and firewalls
- Strong alignment to good security practices
- pfSense knowledge is favourable
- Strong scripting skills (bash, python etc.)
- Good understanding of CI/CD concepts and version control systems
- Experience in using Ansible to manage infrastructure
- The ability to work independently and effectively under pressure
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.