Sr Cloud DevOps Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
WellSky is seeking a Sr Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our team. You will join a strong team of engineers enabling the exchange of healthcare data. You will have impact on the users of our solutions, mainly doctors, nurses, and others on the front lines of healthcare and community services. Your hard work will touch the lives of real people and families navigating life and death issues with the support of our solutions. We seek to build purpose-driven teams where comradery and compassion are coupled with a dogged pursuit of excellence.
In this role will create, maintain, and troubleshoot the Development, QA, Staging, and Production environments in AWS. This role will be responsible for automating Docker image maintenance in AWS ECR, product code builds and deployments to AWS EKS.
- Languages: Python, Powershell, bash, C#
- AWS: EKS, EC2, Dynamodb, AuroraDB, SNS, SQS, AWSConfig, Api Gateway, Lambda, S3, IAM
- Tools: Terraform, Docker, Atlantis, GitHub, Azure DevOps
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Manage company’s presence and infrastructure in AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Maintain and manage common infrastructure
- Assist teams in generating new solutions, designs, architectures, and patterns relevant to problems they are tackling in the cloud
- Evaluate new technologies, patterns, and practices that our organization might benefit from exploring, particularly as they pertain to the cloud
- Troubleshoot and participate in the resolution of production systems, network and application issues
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Design, develop, maintain and document the technical infrastructure for WellSky corporate and shared cloud infrastructure
Do you have what it takes?
- 5+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- Senior level experience in software development lifecycle automation(DevOps) in AWS.
- Expert in tools such as Terraform
- Experience with revision control systems Git, GitHub.
- Proven experience maintaining and configuring Kubernetes clusters
- AWS experience, specifically: EC2, EKS, ECR, RDS, IAM, VPC
- Must have Container Orchestration experience, specifically: Kubernetes, Docker, Helm.
- OS Automation & Administration Experience: Linux Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS, Windows Server 2016 or higher.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Do you stand above the rest?
- You possess a problem-solving attitude.
- You can build and maintain .NET Core or python applications.
- You have experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- You can work as part of an agile software development team.
- Azure or GCP Experience
- Application Development/Coding/Scripting Experience: Python, bash, Powershell
- Experience with ArgoCD or Rancher.
- Familiar with networking concepts
- Experience customizing, managing and scaling monitoring, metrics collection and graphing systems, such as Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience with IaC tools like Cloudformation
- Experience with continuous delivery/integration platforms Azure DevOpsor GitHub Actions
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
WellSky is a technology company advancing human wellness worldwide. Our software and professional services address the continuum of health and social care — helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. A portfolio company of TPG Capital, WellSky serves more than 10,000 customer sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, home health and hospice franchises, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 30 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers’ needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care’s potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world. For more information, visit www.WellSky.com.
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.