Infrastructure Expert Support Engineer
Function as the main support technical expert in specific Company’s products or services. Be the person responsible for resolving the customers’ technical incidents using your own expertise and extensive cooperation with the Company’s Engineering departments. Craft solutions, submit bug reports, coordinate complex tasks with other teams (Engineering, QA, DCO, Product Management), communicate with the customers to their complete satisfaction.
- Work on resolving various technical incidents for the Company’s customers involving various software, networking and hardware environments.
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with customers able to thrive in the ever-changing work environment.
- Stay abreast of the latest changes, trends and technological advancements in the industry (Cloud, Storage, Virtualization, Business Applications, etc). Maintain deep knowledge of Company operations to support client requests effectively.
- Interact with various departments to analyze and resolve problems;
- Provide technical advice to junior staff members and review technical results, evaluations and analyses. Provide for the development of junior staff within the work group through mentoring and technical guidance.
- Develop documentation regarding installation, upgrades, support, and compatibility issues.
- Fluent English (both oral and written, Upper Intermediate as minimum)
- Network professional (know how to use Wireshark, tcpdump, iperf; experience with deploying and configuring services like DHCP, DNS, L2TP/IPSEC/Open VPN, HTTP servers)
- Windows Server professional (know how to gather and analyze various Windows logs and dumps; application level troubleshooting with Procmon and Process Explorer)
- Linux/UNIX professional (application and configuration management; RHCSA as a baseline; CLI power user)
- Virtualization professional (know how to deploy and manage Virtual Machines on VMware ESXi / Microsoft Hyper-V clusters)
- Business applications professional (should be familiar with one or more of the following: MS Exchange, MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle DB, Citrix XenApp, NTP servers)
- Good communication skills and customer focus, ability to prioritize and switch between a variety of time-sensitive issues
- Passion for troubleshooting, ability to come up with efficient solutions for unordinary issues.