Infrastructure Specialist: ServiceNow
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
Working closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions that are aligned with business and IT strategies. Gathering and documenting user and process requirements, functional requirements, and developing technical requirements. Developing workflow customizations and supporting the Service transformation teams. The SME should assume other roles as needed i.e. Business Analyst, Interim Project Manager, Admin/Developer, and tester as required.
- Responsible for coding, testing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting changes in the application. The ServiceNow SME will be responsible for core system configuration.
- Implementation of ServiceNow
- Customize ServiceNow applications and facilitate rollout of new applications and modules and configure Application UI and Configure Workflow
- Collaborate effectively with other ServiceNow administrators to develop solutions and handle general updates and configuration changes/requests
- Identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions
- Ensure the latest release of ServiceNow application is implemented in a timely manner with minimal or no disruption to IT operations
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of the processes, standards, policies, working methods, and tools
- Ensure appropriate tools and processes are in place to have a development/production environment that is reliable and reproducible
- Ensure tool configuration consistency across development, QA, and production environments
- Participate in ongoing production support and end user support.
We always believe that it is deeply important to have the right person for the right job and you are a flawless fit to this strategy. We want people with an openness and ability to learn and who are ready to put good ideas into action. So, go ahead, and grab the opportunities – we wish you outstanding success in your career and inspire you to bring your best self to work with IBM.
- Overall 6+ years and 4+ years in ServiceNow
- Experience in SNow Discovery module with experience in implementation, configuration, updates & troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding and solutioning capabilities in ServiceNow Global scope and foundational data such as Location, Organization, CMDB..
- Proficient in understanding and solutioning capabilities using Scoped Application
- Expertise to develop on Service Catalog and ServiceNow ITSM products
- Experience in develop integration using JDBC/SQL/SOAP/REST with different types of systems directly or through mid-server
- Perform research into technology partner or other vendor solutions in context of client requirements for integration
- Understand the ServiceNow eco-system & be able to demonstrate ServiceNow hands-on expertise
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Go REST SQL