Senior Systems Engineer/DevOps - Remote Working (UK)
London, England, United Kingdom
We are Zego, a global insurtech scale-up providing cover that creates possibilities.
In an ever-changing world, insurance is struggling to keep up. Through the power of emerging technologies, we are creating fairer products designed for the 21st century.
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey.
In 2019, we closed our series B funding round, raising $42M from top-tier investors that will fuel our growth into new territories and the expansion of our product portfolio. In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. In 2019, we were listed in the Fintech 50 and placed number 7 in the Startups 100. More recently, we were accepted into the Tech Nation Future 50 2020 cohort - solidifying our place as one of the UK’s most exciting and influential tech companies.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a distributed role so applicants can be based anywhere in the UK. Please note that you may, on occasion, be required to visit the London office so we can only accept applications from residents based in the UK.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team. You will be part of the TechOps Team whose mission is to maintain and secure the systems and infrastructure on which our product operates. You will act as a systems and operations authority and work with other software engineers to ensure products will be secure, reliable, scalable and efficient in every aspect (performance, maintenance, cost).
Systems Engineers at Zego are ultimately responsible for the well being of the product from the moment it leaves developers’ workstation. They understand the importance of efficient development processes and actively work on improving those at Zego.
About the role
- You will play a key role in shaping future of the System Engineering function at Zego
- You will be part of the team ultimately responsible for uptime of Zego Platform
- You will collaborate closely with Product Engineers to help build secure, scalable and reliable products and services
- You will help us run even more efficient sprints through helping follow Agile Methodologies and apply them to our day to day work
- You will contribute to code reviews and mentoring of other engineers
- You will contribute to further development of Zego Hosting Platform used by our engineers to build next generation of products and services
- You will work to improve our existing CI / CD pipelines and delivery processes
- You will help make our monitoring systems more efficient and user friendly
We are looking for candidates who have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, architects and operations minded engineers who embrace devops methodologies to improve the product and exhibit a willingness to learn and apply new technology.
Your experience should include (preferred):
- Coding and scripting (Bash, Python, Golang)
- Automation - API integrations
- Configuring Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Cloudformation, Crossplane)
- Configuration management and Immutable patterns
- Cloud services (AWS, GCP)
- Container management and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Networking (especially in cloud environments, eg. AWS VPC)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.