Engineering Manager, Site Reliability
Redwood City, CA
Do you believe that automation is the only way to scale out a service? Do you strive to get that extra 9 of availability? Join us, the Poshmark Cloud Operations team, in pushing the limits of cloud-based technologies to power our explosive growth! As we continue to experience a dramatic increase in the usage of our product, help us scale our infrastructure to handle massive growth in traffic, membership, and data.
We are looking for an exceptional engineering leader to build and lead our Site reliability practice at Poshmark. In this role, You will be responsible for building and executing the strategy to build and operate large-scale systems which are reliable, highly available, disaster-ready and performant.
- Responsible for fostering a strong SRE culture across engineering teams.
- Leverage your experience in developing and building large-scale systems that are highly reliable and robust.
- Hire and mentor a team of highly talented engineers responsible for managing systems used by millions of users.
- Proactively implements changes to systems in order to improve performance and scalability.
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for all systems.
- Designing and architecting the large-scale, high growth systems to deliver 99.99 SLA
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of mission-critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Work closely with other engineering teams to assess how the production changes impact systems holistically.
- Responsible for providing 24x7 coverage for all mission-critical services and even willing to be on-call at any time as needed.
- 7+ years of battle-proven, real-life experience in running a large scale production operation.
- 2+ years of experience in hiring, leading, and mentoring highly skilled engineers.
- Hands-on technical experience combined with strong management skills.
- Experience with problem-solving, incident management and postmortem process.
- Experience with cloud platforms, preferably AWS.
- Experience with troubleshooting complex application problems.
- Experience working with large scale database and search indexing systems, preferably Mongodb and Elasticsearch.
- Strong desire to learn, understand new technologies and mentor others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Technologies we use:
- MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Redis, ElasticSearch.
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, CloudFront, S3, etc.)
- Terraform, Packer, Jenkins, Datadog, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and other DevOps tools.
Poshmark is a leading social commerce platform for the next generation of retailers and shoppers. Through technology, our mission is to build the world’s most connected shopping experience, while empowering people to build thriving retail businesses. Since launching in 2011, Poshmark has become a vibrant social shopping community with seven million Seller Stylists helping 60 million users discover items they love from over 100 million listings. The company is backed by the world’s leading investment firms including Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Temasek, Inventus Capital, Uncork Capital, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, or find us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.